[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-4.jpg (91KB, 770x382px) Image search: [Google]
2017-hsv-gtsr-w1-4.jpg
91KB, 770x382px
Tell me about Holden /o/
what are the best cars they have made?
what are some rare models?
cool concepts they have come up with?
why were their cars never really sold internationally?
what caused their downfall?
will they ever be a competitive brand in the future or not likely?

Generally curious about them.
>>
>>17694010
General Motors goes in all fields.
>>
>>17694010

>Tell me about Holden /o/

Gus guzzling full size sedans, a lot of people modify em here and they're prime targets for the cops.

>what are the best cars they have made?

That's subjective, I personally like the VE shape.

>what are some rare models?

Probably some old as fuck models?

>why were their cars never really sold internationally?

They were, just not to Americans. For example, some were sold in the UAE but re-branded. I think it was the VZ models.

>what caused their downfall?

Government not giving them enough gibs me that but also because taxes here are insane to run a business.

>will they ever be a competitive brand in the future or not likely?

They're shutting down next year m8.
>>
>>17694010
Nothing special, they just catered to the rednecks here in Australia and have a pretty bad reputation/image.
>>
Holden is just a reseller now.
>>
>>17695566
>they just catered to the rednecks here in Australia
Sounds like every muscle car culture.
>>
Pic related probably their coolest concept, the Hurricane.
Both my parents own Holden Calais V8s.
My Dad's is a '99 with a 5.7 LS1 and my Mum's is a 6.0 LS3 maybe? My Dad just bought one of the last Calais Vs too ordered from the factory, that one has a 6.2 litre LS whatever in it.
I drove the first 2 learning to drive as well as the old 5.0 Holden V8 Calais my Mum used to have, great cars and honestly can't be beaten for the money. However I ended up loving BMW more and I drive a 5 Series now, which while comparable in many ways the BMW is naturally a more superior car and far better built despite having half the power, but for double the price it should be yet the Calais are still good cars. Would love an LS in my 5 Series anyway would be the perfect combo nearly.
>>
File: ge4703727808248694571.jpg (104KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ge4703727808248694571.jpg
104KB, 1024x683px
>>17695626
Fuck forgot the pic
>>
File: IMG_20160925_082548.jpg (759KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160925_082548.jpg
759KB, 1920x1078px
>>17694010
>why were their cars never really sold internationally?
Pontiac GTO has been sold in the US, but basically they never wanted to risk all the cost of building factories and setting up equipment for a LHD variant. The export market is pretty much uncharted territory for Australian cars.

>what caused their downfall?
Local manufacturing in Australia doesn't give good profit margins, and there was a lot of shit going on with unions forcing outrageously high worker pay rates. Couple that with a decently broad and competitively priced import market, and you've got a company model that is unsustainable without government protection.

>will they ever be a competitive brand in the future or not likely?
I imagine they'll remain an Australian staple well into the 2030s at least, since a lot of people don't even realize they're buying rebranded korean or euro-american shitboxes.

Picture is a Holden Torana GTR.
>>
>>17695535
They don't use that much fuel. I can get 10-11L/100km on my VE SS as long as I don't flog it everywhere. I've had it as low as 8L/100km.

>>17694010
Commodores and Falcons are the best performance per dollar car you can get really. Build quality is good enough and power is great.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.