[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy (used) car at stealership like a good goy >get tire/wheel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0801.png (267KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.png
267KB, 500x500px
>buy (used) car at stealership like a good goy
>get tire/wheel protection because low profile
>only cover what's on the car now
>ask what's on it right now
>p zero nero
>neat.jpg
>week later go to fill tire
>two cinturatos and two p zeros
>mfw

how do I get these fuckers to give me the tires I paid for?
>>
>we will put sport cups on it for you!

Week later
As3+

RAGE
>>
You knew what you were getting yourself into.
If you had made a thread here before you went to the dealership everyone would have told you to buy from craiglist but you didn't want to listen to us and now you've come back crying for help.
>>
Read the print. It says replace with "like equivalent"
>>
>>17690366
I'm well aware but the least they could do is fuckin put the same tires on all four wheels
>>17690363
>never driven hard, all highway miles
>>
>>17690363
Unless you're a mechanic there's s 90% chance you're going to get screwed on CL and have to put a lot more into it than you think
>>
>>17690344
how about check the tyres before you purchase the car?
Imagine if companies actually branded their tyres with their name and spec.... oh wait, they do! Its right there on the side wall.
Wtf, this has to be bait.
>>
>>17691794
they took it into the shop and replaced them as I was buying it

what would a yuropoor know about buying a car anyways?
>>
Pirelli Cinturatos are usually oem equipment, special order tires. That being said, each year tire manufactures change the name or "model" of the tire usually for marketing purposes or updated tread designs. Thus they may not make the P zeros any more and the equivalent or better is the cinturatos which are better than the old p zeros.

The only way for you the consumer to make sure your not getting ripped off is the Uniform Tire Quality Grading System (UTQGS) info found on the sidewall of the tire. Compare both sets and make sure the treadwear rating is the same or higher.
>>
File: Tire_inner_sidewall.jpg (125KB, 1014x763px) Image search: [Google]
Tire_inner_sidewall.jpg
125KB, 1014x763px
>>17690344
>two cinturatos and two p zeros
People have commented multiple times in past threads that used car dealers swap tires off before selling the car. Those good tires are on there to make the test drive nicer and get you to buy the car.

Another thing you need to do is inspect the other side of the tire. I don't mean the inside of the tire, but the exterior of the tire that is under the car. Used car dealers will turn the tire to show the best side to you on the outside. So the other side might have damage.

And you should read archived threads. A lot of people are tired of answering the same thing over and over. So when we see the same question from someone too lazy to check past threads, I just don't bother answering. I might re-answer the same question about once every three to four months at most and other times I ignore it. People who feel their time is too valuable to research, well, I feel they are too busy to read what I have to say, so I don't bother answering.

Picture: shows reason why you check the other side if you buy a used car.
>>
>>17694576
the ride was pretty shit when I test drove it because the tires that were on it at the time were all uneven and fucked up
>>
File: perfect car for you.jpg (192KB, 983x894px) Image search: [Google]
perfect car for you.jpg
192KB, 983x894px
>>17690344
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.