[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too much compressor surge, idfk what I'm doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0728.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I've got a silvia s15 with an sr20det, stock turbo. Previous owner tuned it to 12psi.

I think my blow off valve might be fucked. As I hit boost, it goes up to around 14.5psi or so. After this it then drops down to around 13psi. As I let off the accelerator, I get massive compressor surge.

Is this because my blow off valve might be blocked? Or isn't handling all the boost enough? Will getting an electronic boost controller help to solve this? Or do I have to replace the BOV?
>>
It sounds like it has a failing manual boost controller. And youre getting bad boost surge. Mess with your boost controller setting and dial it back. And the chirping you hear when you let off the accelerator is air hitting the throttle body and surging into the turbo. Which means you have too small of a blow off valve.
>>
>>17688492
Thanks, that's what I suspected.
>>
>>17688501
if its tuned at 12psi why are you hitting 14-15psi?
Do you have an AFR gauge? I can only imagine the terrible fucking AFR you are getting.
>>
>>17688587
Don't have one. Do you suggest I get one?
>>
>>17688705
its a good investment. if you keep it at the stock boost and stock tune its probably not needed.
I can't really chime in on your boost problem, though, but even an increase of a couple of psi than stock can lean out your engine enough to destroy it.you might get knock and it cand destroy an entire engine on 1 knock.
I bought an AEM off enjuku for about 160$ and it came with a wideband and a gauge for my miata.

Ive seen people up the boost on their SR's by just a couple psi and they blow the whole motor because the motor wasn't supplying enough fuel for the boost increase.

I am a lil drunk sorry for being all over the place.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.