[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to say goodbye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: maxima.jpg (811KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
maxima.jpg
811KB, 1024x682px
I have a 98 Maxima GLE with 229k miles that isn't starting

Leading up to the no start, the car would occasionally take up to 30 seconds of key turning to turn over. Sometimes it would start normal. Some days it would start only to stop almost immediately. Weather was not a factor. Once the car alarm went off for no reason during this time.

Now, when you turn the key, all the dash lights light up as they should, the radio and clock dim as they are supposed and there is 2 clicks from the fuse box under the dash as there always was before. Beyond this, nothing. Mechanic said that it was not the starter, as you could bridge the poles and start it that way. In the end they told me it would be $70/h to find the problem and there was no guarantee that they would be able to find or fix it. I told them to bridge the poles on the starter and I would take it home. Additionally, they had to cut the horn when they were working on it because the theft alarm went off and they couldn't get it to stop.

When I got the car home I did some brief research and decided I would swap the relay for the WIPERS with the ANTI THEFT/START. It started once like normal and then wouldn't start again after.

I plugged a code reader in and this is what I got back.

P0400 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow
P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit (Bank 1)
P0440 Evaporative Emission System
P0141 02 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

A friend was with me when I did the reader and he had me try to start while he payed attention to the relay. He said there was no sound or clicking coming from the relays when I tried to start it.

What should I do next, other than invest in a voltage reader.
>>
>>17685493
v8 swap
>>
>>17685576
already tried that. no good
>>
>>17685493
Pull the starter and do it like cleetus here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAjMO3Zu88s
>>
>>17685493
Idk mane but those cars are tanks. Had a 98 auto with ~250k miles. Was still maximum comfy and running stronk before i sold it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.