[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on late 80's cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Aerodeck.jpg (3MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Aerodeck.jpg
3MB, 3648x2736px
This is the Honda accord aerodeck from 1989 and I want one. is it a good idea?
>>
>>17684780
Yes
>>
File: oldsmobile-delta-88-1988-1[1].jpg (239KB, 2646x1194px) Image search: [Google]
oldsmobile-delta-88-1988-1[1].jpg
239KB, 2646x1194px
I love the hybrid of smooth and boxy the late 80s and early 90s brought to the table.

I absolutely adore cars like the Delta 88 from this era.
>>
>>17684797
my thoughts exactly. plus the popups are super nice imo. the next question if you guys say it's a good idea would be what about for a first car in the UK? would the insurance on a newly passed driver be obscene or reasonable to keep on the road combined with any other costs an old car might entail
>>
>>17684780
Late 80s foreign cars were great
Skyline GT-R
BMW E30
BMW E34
Honda CRX SiR
AW11 MR2
the list goes on, American cars were majority trash though, considering I'm from it I would know
>>
>>17684810
Not sure about Europe, but older cars are much cheaper to ensure here in Burgerland.
>>
File: 439k.jpg (508KB, 1366x1025px) Image search: [Google]
439k.jpg
508KB, 1366x1025px
>>17684780
I own a third-gen Accord coupe. Car is slow but ok to drive, and immortal. Pic related.

Look for one with the five-speed and fuel injection- the carb'd examples supposedly don't last quite as long. I'm not sure if the trims were the same in the European market, but here in the US the ones to get were LX-i and SE-i. I believe the latter had rear disc brakes and a sunroof.
>>
>>17684902
one of the ones I've got my eye on local to me has the 5-speed and fuel injection and it's an EX2.0-i so here's hoping. my dad's kinda sceptical on getting an older car because he thinks it'll either be expensive to insure or repair but you guys saying it's cheaper to insure older cars in the usa and that it's immortal are pretty hopeful
>>
>>17684780
>I want to buy a nicer civic hatch
>with pop up headlights
>is it a good idea
??? of course it's a good idea, provided it isn't a hunk of shit
I'd buy one if I could find them... Where are you finding a Aerodeck in the states? Pretty sure they weren't sold here but I could be wrong.

>>17684819
agree 100%
>>
>>17684780
damn thats a big ass civic
>>
>>17684797
I bought one with 136k on the clock, drove it for a while, turned around and sold it to my brother. Wish i hadnt, but i needed the money, and he needed a reliable vehicle. That thing was the perfect shitbox.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.