[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exhaust temp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: download (6).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Hey guys, so I have a plan to use 5 peltier cells attached to my exhaust to power my cell phone while I drive. Basically these cells can use a thermal energy difference to generate electrisity. To get this temperature difference I will be attaching one side of the cell to the exhaust and the other side to a heat sink. So I was wondering if you guys could help me decided where to place it. It needs to be under the car to get airflow to the heat sink but also on the hottest component of the exhaust. Would as close to the engine as I can get it be the best choice ? Let me know what you think. On a side note I've done the math and this has negligable benefits I'm just doing it as a fun project. Thanks
>>
Down pipe, right at the bend where the exhaust (coming from the engine) bends to tuck under the car. Or maybe the cat if you've got one. Both spots get pretty fucken hot.
>>
File: 1417993315377.jpg (391KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1417993315377.jpg
391KB, 1280x960px
>>17683288
depends on the car famo

if your car has a turbo, exhaust temps are usually hotter when the car is in operation

although generally yes, the closer in the exhaust system to the engine, the hotter the pipes will be.

for your purposes you should definitely do some trial and error testing on this.

i have to ask though, what made you think of this
to me this seems insanely unnecessary
>>
>>17683288
Yes it has a turbo , and like I said just doing it for fun. According to my math accounting for avg losses in the motor, belts, alternator, cableing and convertor you would need around 820 charges to the avg phone battery to equal a gallon of gas.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.