[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 99 Turbo was the first proper hot hatch Accept no alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

The 99 Turbo was the first proper hot hatch

Accept no alternatives
>>
>>17680109
It was the first proper turbo'd cars as well.
>>
File: floki.jpg (21KB, 480x253px) Image search: [Google]
floki.jpg
21KB, 480x253px
>>17680109
Good to see someone worshiping the old gods.
>>
ur mom's puss was the first proper hot hatch
>>
File: FatPiecesOfShit.jpg (62KB, 720x514px) Image search: [Google]
FatPiecesOfShit.jpg
62KB, 720x514px
>>17682802
Summer's almost over boys, just hang in there
>>
File: 797px-VW_Golf_I_GTI_white_v_TCE.jpg (98KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
797px-VW_Golf_I_GTI_white_v_TCE.jpg
98KB, 797x600px
>first proper hot hatch
>saab 99 turbo

OP is a faggot as usual
>>
>>17682831
first PROPER hot hatch

the GTI is like taking a civic and putting a special paintjob on it and calling it a sports model
>>
>>17682970
But the GTI was just as fast as the turbo and came out earlier
>>
>>17682970
you dont know what youre talking about
the saab was overbuilt with super thick sheet metal and surprisingly heavy, meant as a small executive car.
hot hatches are widely understood to be sporting versions of super lightweight economy models.
>>
File: Autobianchi_A112-Abarth.jpg (603KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Autobianchi_A112-Abarth.jpg
603KB, 2816x2112px
>1971
>>
>>17680109
Wow that looks good. Today's hot hatches all look like a Prius
>>
>>17683029
Thicc for safety my man

While the guy in the Golf or 205 burns to death the guy in the Saab will walk away
>>
>>17683140
you're right but that's irrelevant to the discussion.
saabs were never meant to be sporting cars, hot hatches were.
>>
>>17680109
Amen.
>>
>being wrong
>>
>>17683019
>But the GTI was just as fast as the turbo and came out earlier
I think the saab 99 turbo outperformed the GTI, but the saab 99 turbo was pretty expensive. The GTI is indeed the first hot hatch.

Because the 99 and 900 turbos were a little more up market I'm not sure if they can really be considered Hot Hatches. Hot Hatchers were, imho, factory tuned economy cars. My 92 turbo convertible was as much as an m3.
>>
File: 1978-Saab-99-turbo.jpg (240KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1978-Saab-99-turbo.jpg
240KB, 1200x800px
>>17680109
>the first proper hot hatch
If you have your own definition of what a hot hatch is then yes.

I think that Saab hasn't been topped in its way. An ergonomic, comfy, practical, well built, aerodynamic, fast, with dynamic handling properties and safe hatch that can seat five. A two liter engine near to 150 hp in late 70's. A brand new GTI is pretty quick and can reach 250 km/h but it isn't that impressive for its time.

>>17683993
Are you quoting yourself?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.