[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170807-003552.png (3MB, 1440x1342px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-003552.png
3MB, 1440x1342px
I'm planning on doing my struts on my TL AWD but kind of tossed up on either monroe or KYB, I plan on putting eibach pros on it to compliment. So what strut gives the better ride? Also is there a difference in struts on the FWD and AWD? Everything I see covers the 3.5 engine
>>
>>17676734
Both manufacturers make OEM specced struts with similar travel characteristics, meaning both are going to wear prematurely.

If you dont care about potentially wearing out your struts early, and having a stiff ride then Monroe would be my choice.

But coilovers are better in nearly every measurable way.
>>
>>17676749
Wasn't sure about the ride quality of coilovers, aren't they rougher than struts and springs?
>>
File: 6-30-2017_2.jpg (3MB, 3772x1984px) Image search: [Google]
6-30-2017_2.jpg
3MB, 3772x1984px
>>17676767
Depends. Some manufacturers make basic coilovers with pretty good ride quality. If you invest in some with adjustable dampening you can make them ride however you want. They usually run $700+ though. I run Tein coilovers on my car and they ride fantastic.
>>
a car at that heavy needs to be on bags
>>
>>17676782
What model Teins? Also will I need any camber equipment or adapters to go with them? I'm on about a $700 budget because the install is gonna cost me a few bucks.
>>17676787
Looked into it, kinda outta my range
>>
http://www.tein.com/srch/us_search.php?maker=ACURA&carmodel=default&modelyear=default&item=default

You'll have to find your model but it looks like there might be a difference per drivetrain
>>
>>17676802
Same part number. I just googled the number and I'm surprised how much cheaper they are than the strut/spring combo. So will I need anything else or just pop'em in adjust and call it a day after the alignment?
>>
>>17676860
Just pop'em in (sometimes you need to swap over thee top hats) but yougonna want an alignment. And depending on how low you go, you may need a camber kit to correct the camber.
>>
>>17676911
ffs this phone

you're*
>>
>>17676911
Was thinking maybe an inch and a half maybe inch and 3/4 I'm gonna let my buddy figure that one out because we live in MA and the roads here suck, especially RI
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.