[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking it hard in the rear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-08-06 19.41.23.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-06 19.41.23.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
So after a week of driving on hazardous roads and 4x4 trails in CO, some dickbag decided to ram my truck from behind on the highway. He was going around 50mph when he hit me at almost a dead stop. Crawled underneath to see how bad the frame was bent and it's definitely bent up on the rear passenger side. I've never been in an accident like this before. I've heard so many horror stories about vehicles never driving right after the frame is bent. Will the insurance company total it even if it's a 2016 with 20k miles? Cash value lists around 30k. Cargo box also dented the cab on the passenger side if that helps.
>>
They probably won't total it. Enjoy your crab walking Silverado.
>>
>>17675667
did you take this picture with a camcorder? wtf
>>
galaxy S5 because Im a cheap asshole and haven't bought a new phone in forever
>>
File: 20170804_165309.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_165309.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170806_175239.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_175239.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
yea that shits never gonna drive right again m8
>>
You better hope they total it. Fucked frame will never drive right.
>>
>>17675667
>some dickbag decided to ram my truck from behind on the highway. He was going around 50mph when he hit me at almost a dead stop
WHAT A FAGBOAT

ON THE PLUS SIDE IF HE WAS DRIVING A CAR YOUR HIGH TRUCK BUMPER MUSTVE FUCKED HIM UP
>>
It's fucked sorry m8

t. someone who had a frame ""fixed""
>>
>>17675821 Was a Toyota 4runner. His engine was pushed back into is dash and this hood was crushed back into his windshield.
>>
>>17675854
WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING CHECKING HIS INSTAGRAM
>>
>>17675667
>Will the insurance company total it even if it's a 2016 with 20k miles?

Probably not, and before you beg for it to total you should probably check to see how much you owe for the truck, if you're like most people its probably going to be sickeningly more than whatever you could hope to get if the truck is a total (or maybe you have a gap policy or something idk)

But I'd bitch to whoever is going to do the estimate to figure replacing the entire frame, it's going to be a pretty high dollar figure since the whole cab and motor and everything else would have to be transferred. That, plus the bumper pieces, tailgate, some new bed panels and fixing the cab corner might total it.
>>
>>17675861
I saw him in my rear view just in time to say oh fuck. I don't think he even hit his brakes. Still have no idea how the fuck I avoided car in front if me and missed the barrier on my left.
>>
It'll be fine just drive it like that and use the $25,000 check they write you to buy a Camaro or something.
>>
>>17675866
I do have gap coverage which is why I'm hoping they'll total it. I owe around 30k which is what KBB valued it at....before it got fucked anyway.
>>
>>17675876
I'm surprised your ass didn't get smooshed in even further or more damage, you got lucky man. But yeah my mom was in a similar accident with her 2016 CRV, similar rear damage and a TON of damage in the undercarriage, but they didn't total it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.