[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUVs, Crossovers and similar shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Anyone else tired of seeing these fucking monstrosities all the time? I remember 10 or 15 years ago when this trend came over from across the pond, everyone made fun of it. But then we ate that shit up and suddenly it's the new norm.

Most of these things don't even have AWD (sometimes not even as an option) or high ground clearance anymore. It's just a heavy car with a high center of gravity and therefore slow and bad at handling. And because they are inherently more expensive than normal cars but even poor people still want them, they buy the cheapest versions. Bland, uninspired, ugly cars with stupid names like Nissan Qashqai, Dacia Duster or Opel Mokka.

Seriously, most of the "normal" cars you still see on the road are over ten years old. Former German sedan drivers have big SUVs by the same brands as they are the new status symbols. Former station wagon drivers have SUVs "for the space" (even though they don't offer any more). And former small hatchback drivers now drive those aforementioned ghastly small crossovers.

I don't think the average car on the road was ever more ugly and miserable than now.
>>
wow a great all around car that can d just about anything youd ever need

why would someone want that
>>
>>17673250
Great at what exactly?
>>
>>17673254
theyre practical and efficient like I said they do anything youd need out of a car

cargo space
seating
fuel efficiency
and despite /o/s opinions people like how they look

crossovers are literally the best a-b car
>>
>>17673281
>cargo space
Worse than a wagon of equal size
>seating
Might be an argument if you're 80 years old and weak, pathetic for a young person to use this as an argument though.
>fuel efficiency
Now you're just making shit up. They have bad fuel economy due to their weight and wind resistance.
>and despite /o/s opinions people like how they look
People are wrong.
>>
>>17673300
crossovers are wagons
wagons with better ground clearance

umm I mean as in they can hold your family

umm no most of them get around 30 mpg

you are wrong
>>
>>17673338
30 mpg is shit. You're an idiot.
>>
>>17673347
lol youre so butthurt

thats about the same mpg as wagons anyway and 30 is higher than average
>>
>>17673358
An SUV will always have worse fuel economy than a car of equivalent size. More weight, big tires, high roofline = higher wind resistance = worse fuel economy. That's just fucking physics, you dunce.
It's also the reason those things are slow as fuck especially in terms of top speed and highway acceleration.
>>
>>17673387
im sorry I look at the facts and not what I want to believe in
>>
File: 1500577844237.png (216KB, 481x284px) Image search: [Google]
1500577844237.png
216KB, 481x284px
>>17673399
>bigger is cheaper just look at the facts haha prove me wrong
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.