[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water in Gas Tank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 10325.gif (21KB, 228x131px) Image search: [Google]
10325.gif
21KB, 228x131px
Filled up my gas at some shady gas station last night, and now my car is sputtering and the check engine light came on. I'm suspecting its water/bad gas. What's the easiest/cheapest way to fix this? Keep in mind I currently have a full tank. Do I just siphon everything out and start fresh or is there something I can put in the tank to clean the water out?
>>
>>17671352
If you're so concerned, drain and refill. Siphoning it out will also work Better to do that now than suffer engine failure. Don't be an asshole and dispose it down the drain; Autozone and the like will dispose of it for you.

Alternatively, try fuel additives (e.g. HEET) and see if that helps. If the water's not too much, that may be good enough.

I hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>17671366
What kinda lesson was he supposed to learn?

>>17671352
You can add anhydrous ethanol, acetone, or anything in large quantities to make the water burn away if it's in small quantities. Wouldn't risk it, though.
>>
>>17671388
>What kinda lesson was he supposed to learn?

Never fuel up at a shady station you don't know. They probably have a new credit card in his name as well as giving him bad gas.
>>
>>17671366

Do I need to do anything special with HEET, or do I just pour it into the tank and thats it?

It wasn't really that shady, just not my usual gas station. One of the off brand mom and pop ones. Thanks for your help
>>
>>17671420
>Shady gas station
I didn't even know these existed.
>>
File: Citgo_top_tier_gasoline_fraud.png (126KB, 1097x830px) Image search: [Google]
Citgo_top_tier_gasoline_fraud.png
126KB, 1097x830px
>>17671463
>Shady gas station
>I didn't even know these existed.

Ranbir Thankur seems to have had financial pressure on him (bad hotel purchase) due to excessive greed elsewhere causing him to use his two gas stations fraudulently to make money.

https://cases.justia.com/iowa/court-of-appeals/2-908-12-0441.pdf?ts=1354205092

Nothing on him at:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/
But then again, not that many people use that site to document unsatisfactory dealings.
>>
>>17671366
>Siphoning it out will also work
Hit or miss if he can siphon. A lot of newer cars have that check valve ball and the cage for that ball stops most siphon hoses due to hose size.
>>
>>17672328
you get these in bumblefuck nowhere 200 miles from the next station
>>
>>17671366
Autozone or advance won't take used gas, only oil. He'll have to take it to a recycling center.
>>
>>17672328
This is why I don't typically get gas from Punjabi/paki/Indian owned gas stations.
>>
>>17672328
>the tanker truck driver ratted him out

based
>>
>>17673291
>recycling gas

Just use it to clean shit or burn it.
>>
>>17672328

>not checking the colour of the gas/petrol as it goes into your tank

easiest way to avoid this by far

i know in australia premium is bright yellow and red/purple (i.e. darker) is regular.

also avoid 'petrol sales' where one seller is far below the market average. Could be doing it to get rid of a dodgy batch or contaminated batch.
>>
>>17673368
Gas is not colored gay colors in 'murica son.

The only gas that has dyes in it are 2stroke mixes where the mixed oil comes with a dye in it.
>>
File: petro canada.jpg (35KB, 470x309px) Image search: [Google]
petro canada.jpg
35KB, 470x309px
>filling up at a shitty gas station
>ever

Fuck that nigga.

>>17673368

>not quickly tasting the gas as it enters your tank to ensure maximum flavourpower

>>17673291

>used gas

Lol

Only buy gas from Petro Canada, and only buy Premium.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.