[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /o/ have such a high volume of trip/namefags compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1501178315905.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501178315905.png
175KB, 600x600px
Why does /o/ have such a high volume of trip/namefags compared to other boards?
>>
Most anons have left from lack of moderation (good job earlier today though mods, actually got a few pushrod threads deleted), a few tripfags bring a lot to the table, a few are acceptable, and the shitters do it to "trigger" people or attentionwhore.
>>
>>17670658
I think it works if you're following projects
>>
Whats wrong with it in the first place? As long as they aren't shitposting nonstop and actually contribute to threads I dont see an issue with it
>>
>>17670765
Basically comes down to thinking they're special. Exceptions are mightybenz and stolen recaros. They both make extremely reasonable, well articulated posts. A new trip will always be stuck in a limbo of being unproven and will realize that he probably doesnt have much to offer by retaining an identity.
>>
>>17670775
I can see that, I guess it really comes down to experience. If you have a name and all you decide to do is post in "rate my car" threads then it can come off as you just wanting to feel special
>>
>>17670775
There are more exceptions than those two but you're definitely correct
>>
>>17670775
Well I would say that car culture is so open ended and there's no "right answer" so to speak, so its easier to keep up with what opinions people have if they have a name.
>>
>>17670786
I used to trip and would mostly post in qtddtot trying to help. I have ASE certs, I kind of know what I'm talking about, but when I would forget to trip, I noticed it didn't make a damn difference. Given how extremely autistic this place is, any one post can follow you, and most trips are autistic and won't admit they were in the wrong or made a mistake as well. Posting as anon will let you have those "oops" moments and learn from them without being hounded the rest of the time you browse.
>>
>>17670685
This
>>
>>17670809
Thats what I was thinking. This board, all shitposters aside, usually has a good amount of people just wanting to talk about cars and ask for help with car related things.
>>
>>17670812
Kind of defines what "Anonymous" is when you put it like that. Alot of people on here just want to argue so I see how not tripping can make that easier
>>
>>17670765
That's the problem. Also, anyone who actually contributes would be better off doing anonymously, that's kind of the point.
>>
>>17670658
Does it not make sense? On /o/, you can know what somebody drives, what type of shit they know, what they have experience with, where they fall on the retard scale, etc., just by recognizing their trip. IMO, /o/ is one of the few boards where tripping up can actually make sense sometimes. Shame that trips seem to mostly just be used for attention whoring and shitposting.
>>
Normalfags drive cars, it's part of their culture to brag about cars and that kind of thing. Tripfags are attention whores, they are social creatures, etc. It's only a natural correlation. It's like going to a gun range and asking how come there's a higher percentage of gun ownership per capita here than in other places.
>>
>>17670750
Does anyone post projects on /o/ besides the occasional picture? Threads get deleted pretty quick so it isn't worth the time to actually make project threads since it will just get deleted and the effort will be wasted.
>>
>>17671083
External archives exist.
>>
File: 20160725_182947.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_182947.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17671083
I would like to trip in the sense if someone was into the same cars/projects I were into. Just don't feel like I'd have the time to post as much as I'd like.

Sucks because most of /o/ is shitposting and bait threads. I would maybe only post in Classic Car, rate my Car, and Subaru threads after work at night. By then, those threads are dead even if there's a small few that know me by my rare car I rarely post.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.