[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience buying from here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0984.jpg (164KB, 780x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.jpg
164KB, 780x430px
I’m looking at a 2014 Altima 3.5sl from here. It has 71k miles on it so I’m definitely getting the warranty. Is it worth the piece of mind to buy from CarMax?
>>
>>17669715
Kinda related but check out carvana
I bought my tC from there. They operate similarly except the car is delivered to you. You get a week to keep the car at your house, drive it around and get a feel for it. If you dont like it or you bring it to a mechanic and they say its fucked then you can return it. They have warranties and all that comfortable buyer dick stroking service too
>>
>>17669803
I was looking at Carvana but I’m a little cautious on buying a car I haven’t seen yet. It’s great that you can return it, but it still seems like more of a hassle to do so
>>
>>17669715
I bought an Evo from them. They don't haggle prices, like, at all. Beat you can do is trade some in and get a decent price on that, but even then they're still out to sell that for a profit.
>>
>>17669715
y tho? altimas are trash even with the v6.
>>
>>17669967
Are they really? My only other options are a 2014 Camery SL, or similar year Accord ex
>>
>>17669967
My budget is 14.5
>>
>>17669967
And this one is loaded with Nav. I’m not looking for some NEET looking 2f2f rice burner
>>
>>17670000
Get a dodge charger
>>
>>17669715
Peace of mind is always worth it, well at least for me. Dealing with items that cost hundreds or in this case thousands of dollars is better to be cautious. Also if you are buying a car with known problems, luxury, or just expensive its better to go the safe way. Also recommend carvana or another alternative is vroom. carvana is more detailed and thorough in there description of the vehicle vroom usually has more variety.
>>
Coworker tried to buy from them once.
> Has 15k cash and 810, nearly perfect credit.
> Wants sporty Japwagon
> Dealer trying to push clapped out automatic civic with low miles but barely running. Only looks good on paper.
>He's clearly having trouble selling the bucket. Offers super easy financing.
> Coworker wants a 25K used STI.
> They correspond a bit. Mostly dealer begging him to buy the 18k civic.
> But won't go any lower on it.
> Coworker turns up to sign for STI.
> 10k loan declined because his credit is suddenly 450
> wut
> Lol looks like you have to buy the civic then.
> Thus motherfucker ran his credit over and over till it tanked to force him to buy a car that wasn't moving.
> Coworker is a marine. Literally flips the table and storms out.
> Buys a cherry Civic Si on Craigslist with cash. Totally happy with it.
>>
>>17669856
>They don't haggle prices
I kind of find this hard to believe. Even if they're not commision based, they are still in the business of selling cars. I can't imagine a salesman letting you walk just because they wouldn't take $500 off the car.
>>
Buying a manual here is pretty great. Good prices, and you know it wasn't a fleet vehicle since it's a stick.

Though I'm considering a 2016 auto v6 camaro from CarMax because I don't want to get totally jewed on my trade, and I hate dealers enough to never want to go back to a big one.

If I was smart, I'd just buy a cheap shitbox rental and pay it off instantly.
>>
CARVANA
A
R
V
A
N
A
>>
>>17671740

If I was to buy a Subaru or Toyota I have one dealership I can go to, same one for both. They do not haggle on pricing of ANY new cars, will not butdge a dollar. Helps that Toyotas and Subarus are very popular here.
>>
>>17671448

>Things that never happened.
>>
back in 2005 I bought a 1995 nissan 240sx from them. it was 9000 and that was overpriced by a few thousand at the time. though the car was in great condition for 80,000 miles. it was also a manual and se model. that car never gave me a problem until a tree fell on it last year.

the carmax salesman said they don't normally carry cars that old or high miles.
>>
>>17669994
>My only other options are
Do you live on an island?
>>
>>17671448
>> 10k loan declined because his credit is suddenly 450
>> wut
>> Lol looks like you have to buy the civic then.
>> Thus motherfucker ran his credit over and over till it tanked to force him to buy a car that wasn't moving.
This literally can't happen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.