[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

m240i thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

What's the general opinion on the BMW M240i? Seems like a fun yet not painful to drive daily on shitty roads that's about 90% of an M2 for $10-15k less. Is the B58 engine proving to be a solid motor so far?
>>
Not much to say about it. It's too expensive, in my opinion. If they aren't going to give us the dct then I'd rather just get an m2 or stick with the m235i which is a great value right now. 35k certified pre owned with sub 20k miles.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
>90% of an M2
The M2 has M4 subframes, suspension and an active differential.
>>
I say this as a bmw driver, fuck off you inept millennial faggot.
>>
Get an M140i instead. It's more practical and sits at the top of its range. Every time someone in an M2 pulls up next to you, you'll feel inadequate, and will have to kill yourself.
>>
>>17667503
it still doesn't have an lsd right?
>>
>>17667783
Scratch that, the M2 is pretty much a base model M4 underneath with only the wheels as different. Same brakes too.
>>
A Mustang GT is as practical and cheaper with much more performance. 2 series really doesn't have a better interior either. If you want muh brand I can't stop you.
>>
File: IMG_2284.jpg (99KB, 750x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2284.jpg
99KB, 750x630px
>>17667503
>faster then a hellcat
>>
Pretty car. The B58 is a monster that builds off of what the N55 left off. The 2 series is bit porky, but it still handles well. I'd say go for it.
>>
File: 20170707_011904[2].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_011904[2].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I cross shopped the m240i with several other cars before getting a 1LE camaro for several reasons. mostly it was the $8k price delta
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (87KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
87KB, 900x596px
My question is, why would you get the M240 when the WRX STI exitsts? If not the STI, what about the RS (if you want a slower car that's a little more refined).
>>
>>17667503
why not just get an e46 m3 or keep your current car?
>>
>>17668352
not in a straight line though
>>
>>17667805
Not really because the M240i pulls on the M2 at the top end
>>
I was actually considering buying one of them in a year or two but I'm not really sure if it's worth it when i could get something like >>17669710 but i'm not into cameros

does the 240i also have the problem of the seat being pushed in like motor trend showed on their m2 v m4 video?
>>
i like it
>>
>>17668114
Mustangs are so boring looking though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.