[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>turbocharged, supercharged and with a hybrid battery system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: xc90.jpg (631KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
xc90.jpg
631KB, 2048x1360px
>turbocharged, supercharged and with a hybrid battery system on a 2.0 4-cylinder engine
>still only gets 20mpg

Is this the dumbest car in the history of the planet? One can only imagine the repair bills such a car would run up in 5-10 years time when all that electric and forced induction bullshit starts to fail, and it's entirely pointless because it doesn't even improve the fuel economy.
>>
cool
>>
>>17666949
Its a plug in hybrid, so you don't have to pay as much to register it in certain European countries. Why get a Q7 when you can get this for way, way cheaper?
>>
>>17666967
Are you high? It's like $100,000 in the US, it's 75K in the UK once you've put a few options on it.
>>
Virtue signaling
>>
>>17666967
>don't have to pay as much

why are high end luxury expensive cars trying to be economical now?

I see that in the new NSX and other cars having electric meme motors

wrong market target - people who buy a $100,000 car are not after saving money
>>
>>17666949
OP what you don't understand is that once a car is a "hybrid" you get HUGE tax benefits from the government here in Europe. Especially in my country (Netherlands) this plays a big role in the purchase a new car. This is the country where, next to the listed price, you pay taxes, and ON TOP OF THAT you pay something called "BPM" which can be as much as 50% of the original price. Let me give you an example: the listed price of a new Range Rover Sport SVR is €109.000. The actual price you have to pay here if you want to buy it? €209.000. That's right. On a €109.000 car, you have to pay an extra €100.000 in taxes and BPM to the government.

Now not only that, you have a quarterly rate that you have to pay in taxes which is also based on CO2 emissions and the weight of your car. For a big SUV this can be as much as €3500 yearly.

Add all this together, and realize that hybrid cars only have to pay a fraction of all the taxes I just summed up. Now that Volvo is starting to look a lot more attractive than a Range Rover.
>>
>>17667037
It's mostly bought by families who need to haul their kids around in a big, safe vehicle. Volvos are not show-off cars.
>>
>>17667043
People who buy these big cars think they r winners BUT actually they gettin cucked BIG time

>meanwhile refugees in your country drive 90's $500 Marutis and pay $100 a year taxes while fucking the SVR guy's wife and daughter
>>
>>17667037
Rich people are weird. They'll buy a $120k Tesla for a $7.5k tax break.
>>
>>17667050
Honestly though, these refugees are getting a free house, with tv, playstation, a bike and a monthly allowance. They're expected to show up to Dutch language courses, which is only once a week, but only some of them actually show up, and a lot are always too late. They have jack shit to do all day, and can't even manage to go to class ONCE A WEEK! Now that's a bit low effort, to move to another country, get everything handed out to you, and not want to do anything in return.

But this is a topic for another board on another day.
>>
Most people in Europe have short commutes, so a plug-in hybrid is basically an electric car for 50% of your mileage.

Which makes your average economy 30MPG, not fucking bad.
>>
>>17667063
>Which makes your average economy 30MPG, not fucking bad.
Especially not bad if you realize we're talking about a big, heavy car.
>>
>>17667062

have fun being a liberal. I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour
>>
>>17666949
>Is this the dumbest car in the history of the planet?
It's a 400 horsepower hybrid Volvo. It's safe, quick and you can virtue signal with it.

Also, 25 MPG is still pretty neat for something that weighs well over 5100 lbs.

>>17666990
Actually, the R8 starts at 68K USD in the US, and it starts at 61K GBP in the UK, you're talking about that ludicrous Excellence trim. In some European countries, registration isn't that much cheaper for hybrid models, but road tax may be a lot lower. Also, some company cars get benefits if they're hybrids.
>>
>>17667043
The quarterly road taxes are purely based on weight though.

t. Dutchie

>>17667063
This. A friend of mine has a V60 D6, and he's got a 5 km commute with a 50 kph speed limit. You can make that on electricity alone. For long trips, you get on the Autobahn and it gets great mpg there, especially with the 8 speed transmission.
>>
>>17666949
A 2l engine working hard to drag along 5000lbs is going to use more fuel than a bigger engine working less hard. There's a reason why semi tractors and heavy machinery aren't constantly downsizing their engines. They'd wind up unreliable and using even more fuel.
>>
>>17666949
If I wasn't poor I'd buy one of these, just not the supertarbo version. Vulvas big cars and SUVs get my dick hard.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35KB, 291x215px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35KB, 291x215px
>>17667093
>R8 starts at 68K USD in the US
wut
>>
>>17667519
My bad, meant T8.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.