[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Subaru even trying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: sti.jpg (166KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
sti.jpg
166KB, 970x647px
With each generation, this car gets a tiny bit more power and weight increase to offset it, so it hasn't really evolved in 20 years when it comes to performance. Ford and Honda are making more power out of less displacement for the same MSRP. This is their halo car, when is Subaru finally going to step things up?
>>
Mitsubishi can't even be bothered making a competitor anymore, so all profit is gone for these, apparently. Oh well. It hasn't been representative of rally cars for the last 15 years anyway.
>>
>>17658166
never. Vape fags and normies will still buy this shit up no matter the power, they could drop it to 200 and they'd still buy
>>
>>17658166
What else is there in the same price range that's also AWD?
>>
>>17658413
Focus RS comes to mind as one.
>>
>>17658413
Golf R
Focus RS
BMW 2 series w/X-drive
>>
>>17658433
>>17658434

Arent these front wheel drive until slip is detected?
>>
>>17658440
RS is full time AWD
Golf R is Haldex
BMW is RWD based, so like Haldex in reverse I guess?
>>
>>17658166
>power
>not handling, refinement, efficiency

they don't appeal to the masses. they appeal to those who are listening. if you drive one, compare it to a honda and a ford, the decision comes on pretty quick.
>>
>>17658477
>Subaru
>refinement, efficiency
You've got to be shitting? Either way, look at the giant fucking wing on the back, power and handling should be all that matter. It could lose weight and gain power.
>>
>>17658440
The Focus RS is AWD unless it is in the lower engine mode settings from what I gather. It also does some wizardry with the Torque vectoring to decrease under steer from what I've gathered.
>>
>>17658490
t. - shortsighted

Longitudinal AWD with 3 torsen LSD's is a good deal.
>>
>>17658166
They do what the market wants. The market didnt want super aggressive and over-the top. And guess what, they still sell.
>>
Why change It? They still sell and Subaru's hold their value.
>>
My guess is they are done developing on the boxer. No fucks given as they pump cash into r&d to transfer the impreza and crosstrek lines into electric vehicles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.