[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insurance out of state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 225x225px)
download (2).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
/o/ so I'm going to college in another state where my car insurance will go up drastically. I don't plan on registering my car there, as home is only 6 hours away and it's good for another year. Technically I am supposed to be covered across all states, but supposed to insure based off the cars location. If I keep my car insured back home, would the insurance company try to deny my claim in an accident?
>>
>>17656462

No you stupid faggot. You get insurance in the state the cars registered in. If you aren't registering it in your new state, then don't change the fucking insurance. It's not quantum physics you dumb fuck
>>
>>17656476

well nigger if someone hit my car in the parking lot it seems like it would be difficult to explain when it's supposed to be garaged 400 miles away. I have a perfect driving record so i've never dealt with this shit
>>
>>17656500

You're right I forgot how people never drive out of state or park anywhere else other than their garage.
>>
>>17656517

obviously but insurers also investigate claims and I'm sure I'm not the first one with this idea
>>
This is a non issue. Your current insurance policy is all you need. When you renew your policy, you will likely have to update your address then.
>>
>>17656462
>If I keep my car insured back home, would the insurance company try to deny my claim in an accident?

They can deny. They have denied successfully in many cases and they have failed to deny in some cases. There is no one predictable singular result. So you are gambling.

You are allowed to visit and have extended stays at resorts, hotels, or visiting friends, or even touring the united states for six months in a row. The insurance company does NOT deny claims as long as your residence is truthful.

As you know, and proven in many court cases, when you lie on the policy is when the insurance company is allowed to deny a claim. The use of "I didn't know" does not work in court even in "heart breaking" situations. Geico routinely denies but state farm sometimes does not so it is possible for state farm to have a heart. Geico is all about the letter of the law (that is their rep from when I asked around about insurance companies). I have been a long time state farm policy holder.

You are required to update your residence if you move to another place. The insurance companies are well acquainted with scam techniques where someone uses a friend's address to mail the car registration form and insurance but the person actually lives elsewhere. People do it all the time. ALL THE TIME. Heck, some people even register in the other state for their license plates because licenses here are based on the value of the vehicle.

If you go to college, you are supposed to update the address. I did that with mine and of course the rate jumped up. Hint: whenever you get servicing, including oil, do that in your home city and not at the college city. Insurance companies see carfax and other service records. That way, you don't give away that you are located in another city. And for heaven's sake, don't publish facebook "hey, I am living in college city now and fooling my insurance company". They type your name in and it shows you live elsewhere.
>>
>>17657152
>fooling my insurance company
That's basically admission of criminal fraud, so never say that in email or publish.

My university had rules for kicking out students. Felony always and loss of any scholarships. Misdemeanors do not unless fraud with chance of re-instatement after one year. Fraud directly relates to academic honesty policies and the likelihood of other falsification and reputation problems for the school. If I was convicted of criminal fraud, I would have a high chance of being kicked out of school.
>>
>>17656462
>If I keep my car insured back home, would the insurance company try to deny my claim in an accident?
When you make a claim, you have to fill in the form. It also re-asks you your residence. If they do manage to catch you lying, that is insurance fraud which is a criminal charge. I've heard that other insurance companies do accept clients that have committed insurance fraud elsewhere (bet their rates are high). I wonder what happens if all the major insurance companies reject clients that commit insurance fraud. Where do they get insurance?
>>
>>17656462
You dont tell them. Simple. Tell them it spends the majority of the time housed in the state it's insured in
>>
>>17658722
That is part of the plan...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.