[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Restoring Bricklin SV-1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: projectbricklin.jpg (18KB, 399x225px) Image search: [Google]
projectbricklin.jpg
18KB, 399x225px
How hard is it to restore a Bricklin SV-1? Pic related
>>
what the fuck is that thing
>>
>>17653505
Bricklin SV-1
>>
>>17653505
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricklin_SV-1
>>
>>17653515
>>17653521
That is really fucking cool, but why is it so fucking heavy?
>>
>>17653491
I doubt anyone here knows.
You're better off going here.
http://www.bricklin.org/forum/
No one here knows anything about working on cars. It's not a meme, ls swaps are suggested instead of actually building an engine.
I'm sure body panels are all but impossible to find, but at least they don't rust.
>>
>>17653505
Leaf attempt at sports car that was safer than any other car, which is fundamentally a dumb idea because sports car owners don't care about safety.
>>
File: 1280px-Bricklin_SV-1_AMI.jpg (174KB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Bricklin_SV-1_AMI.jpg
174KB, 1280x942px
>>17653505
Dude... fucking awesome
>>
>>17653524
I honestly have no idea I was wondering that myself
>>
>>17653531
>3500lbs due to safety equipment and motorised doors nobody wants
It was rated one of the 50 worst cars by Time
>>
>>17653531
That's really the only attraction, is the gull wing doors
>>
>>17653524
>>17653530
>>17653540
>The model name SV-1 was an acronym for "safety vehicle one".[3] The original idea for the Bricklin SV-1 was a safe and economical sports car, but due to the added weight of the safety features, the car was inefficient and simply a safe sports car. The Bricklin was designed for safety with an integrated roll cage, 5 mph (8.0 km/h) bumpers, and side beams. The body was fibreglass with bonded acrylic in five "safety" colours: white, red, green, orange and suntan. The cars had no cigarette lighters or ashtrays[4] "to discourage smoking". A non-smoker, Malcolm Bricklin believed it was unsafe to smoke and drive.
what
the fuck

fucking canadians
>>
The whole body is made out of laminated plastic. Over time the layers come apart and you're fucked. This is one of those cars people collect a few of because no one else wants them and then 20 years later they die and their kids scrap all the unrepaired cars in the sideyard.
>>
It looks like a delorean lmao
>>
>>17653491
Powertrain parts should be easy to come by. It shared engines with AMC and Ford.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.