[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /o/ i'm a newfag when it comes to cars and i was directed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1501369328588.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501369328588.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
okay /o/ i'm a newfag when it comes to cars and i was directed here by one of my bois so i would like to know if the 2002 jaguar x type is worth buying from someone i know, its $800 and the only problem they'll say is that it needs a new radiator should i go ahead and buy it?
>>
Go look at it. Check if there isnt a oil pool under the engine tranny. Make sure if you buy it bleed the cooling system. Check tranny fluid and normal shit that could be beat to shit. 800 seems cheap is it a complete shitbox? Mileage?
>>
Jaguars are nightmares for maintenance. You might as well own a BMW.

But an $800 car for a project isn't the worst decision in the world. If it runs, see if you can have a pre purchase inspection done by a mechanic (call the closest one). And meet the seller there. They'll inspect it for $50-100, you pay for it and see if it's really the radiator.
>>
>>17647740
>>17647752
thank you both ill look into it and if its more then they say it is ill most likely look for others if so any kind of cheap cars that are easy to maintain and are worth their money?
>>
>>17647858
Civic or Corolla are the two most obvious answers, for good reason. Anything of that vintage can be had for 2k or maybe less in good working order
>>
>>17647727
I have a 2002 x type and wouldn't recommend it unless you know about wrenching on cars because the engine bay is packed very tightly and you will probably have to remove the front bumper and a bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>17647752
But that's fucking wrong you idiot. It's an X Type. It's all Ford shit. The car itself is basically a Ford Mondeo with a (I think) a 3 litre Duratec V6.
>>
>>17647872
Why do people cry about removing front bumper and grill so much? Its 5 minutes job.
>no duuuude, this car is shit, you have to REMOVE THE WHOLE FRONT
literally a few screws and its off
>>
>>17647727
X-Type is junk. It's the worst of Ford and Jaguar combined into one shitbox car.
>>
>>17647727
>needs a new radiator
so it's probably overheating and the head gasket is fucked. run away. buy a mint one poorfag. and never buy a car from someone you know.
>>
>>17648714
t. has never owned a fordjag
They are pretty good. Decently reliable and have good interiors. The 3.0 v6 makes plenty of power. Way better than a shitty civic for 3k one of the best values used. I don't know if the AC condenser is part of the radiator although many cars do this now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.