[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your project car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1497.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1497.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
Mine is a 1992 toyota pickup i got for 500$. Everything is in good condition other than the engine. Just put in a new head, hoping i wont have to replace the block
>>
i don't have one because i don't hate myself
>>
File: IMG_6716.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6716.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17645328
Lol, mine is opposite. It's an '87 Mercedes 300td that was really well maintained engine-wise and runs great, but got in a sub-20mph crash, so I'll have to do some body work to get it back on the street.
>pick n pull is my friend
>>
File: 20170627_183103.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170627_183103.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Mine is a 92 Subaru SVX ls

>bought it in 2009 as first car for $3000
>drove it for about 2 years then rebuilt the motor
>3 months after rebuild the trans goes out
>rebuild trans
>2 years later trans goes out....
Its been sitting for over 2.5 years now, I keep it clean and fix various small things on it. Im saving for a 5spd swap then sending it to mu uncle to be painted
>>
File: IMG_1508.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
My project is a 1980 Datsun 280ZX. A 2 seater 5 speed with a slicktop roof, no T-tops. I got it running but it has a blown head gasket so I'm in the process of tearing it down when I have time and money. I'm thinking I might replace the cylinder head for a better flowing option while I'm in there. Planning on doing a full MSA exhaust system once I get her running good

If I had more time and money I would replace the pistons with higher compression flat top pistons, but between the house payments and the Corolla I'm usually broke
>>
>>17645399
A manual svx sounds fantastic. Also good job on keeping that thing clean. They're getting rare now, at least where i live
>>
File: 1500703381026.jpg (169KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500703381026.jpg
169KB, 1024x576px
This piece of shit right here is why everyone at the pick your part junkyard knows me by name. Last month I was there atleast twice a week pulling hoses, sensors, and other parts from every cherokee I could find. I'm convinced eventually I'm going to replace every part in this car. Just got a new muffler weilded on today and I plan to address the radiator motor tommorow.

It's a love hate relationship.
>>
>>17645559
Thanks, here in Texas you dont see them ever. Theu were more popular up north. And yeah, a manual swap changes the driving experience completly.
>>
2016 honda hrv 2wd
going to swap an engine from a new si that was wrecked in my neighborhood.
>>
>>17645328
None because I'm a brokefag.

I'd love to have a project car.
>>
File: mr2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
mr2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
1986 AW11 that was sitting in the previous (original) owner's driveway since 2003. It's in pretty good condition considering the circumstances. Did the timing belt, replaced the fluids and the engine ran no problem. No fuel pressure though. Gas tank was full of funk, so been fixing and replacing a lot of the fuel system.
>>
>>17645981
why people go to such lengths for these things i'll never know
>>
File: car.jpg (193KB, 1285x935px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
193KB, 1285x935px
a 1990 240sx with a blown head gasket and fucked interior seats, dash, and an autotragic transmission with a shit engine, but a great drifting platform

I hope to get the money someday to paint it glossy black after fixing the minor body issues
>>
File: IMG_20170701_174918.jpg (313KB, 1284x963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_174918.jpg
313KB, 1284x963px
>>17645328
My current project. ECOBOOOOOOST!

Funds have been short, but I'm getting closer to completion. My previous drill broke while drilling some spot welds, so I splurged on a Milwaukee M18 Fuel kit which set me back a month. I really like the new drill though.

I spent all last weekend drilling some spot welds and have like 12 more to go. No garage, and it has been hot as fuck. To top it off, my dad goes to sleep at like 5pm, so I can't make noise after that. Just got rid of the lower tie bar last weekend.

Now I need to drill out the spot welds for the passenger frame rail, but I read I need to remove the entire interior to get access behind the dash for the welds. Going to try to take a shortcut and drill spot welds from the outside, but the top door hanger is blocking at least 4 of them.

My friend with a welder sold it, so I'll be set back another month while I purchase a welder. I'm also trying to buy a house in the meantime, so that isn't helping with my limited free time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.