[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got hired at pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].jpg (152KB, 1130x615px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
152KB, 1130x615px
Just a shop grunt. Tires and oil, maybe, and sweeping stuff. What can I expect? I'm considering stopping college (sophomore, no debt) to go get porsche certified or something, but don't know if now is a good time to get in, or if I should continue with electrical engineering and get into the automotive industry corporate side.
>>
>>17644339
>throwing away an electrical engineering degree to change poorsha tires
>>
If you like difficult work and really hate making money, then it's a great idea.
>>
>>17644363
>>17644383
/thread
finish your school op.
as elec. engineer you can own the world.
auto tech, you can be a glorified grease monkey, could be cool and fun for awhile.
but you'll be millions ahead in ten years after school
>>
Well, I worked in a tire shop and did mostly tires, oil changes and wheel alignments. It's mind-numbing and awful work. Poorly paid and your body will start breaking down eventually.
>>
>>17644339
He when you fags do my inspection, can you not try and tell me my transmission fluid is bad because it stinks and it needs to be some other color of the rainbow it isn't? I'm not retarded and you don't need to lie to me to get my business
>>
>>17644445
Sir, it looks like your headlight fluid needs to be changed. We're currently running a special, only $39.95 for headlight fluid changes (fine print reads, *per headlight*).
The manufacturer recommends it every 10,000 miles so, you're about due.
>>
>>17644339
/o/ is just full of bad ideas.
>>
>>17644339
>it's an "ask a Tibetan shoelace making board about important life decisions" episode

You might as well kys now to get it over with
>>
>>17644339
>What can I expect?
To get worked like a dog, treated like shit, and paid even less.
>>
>>17644665
>/o/ is just full of bad ideas.
OP started it with his idea of throwing away an electrical engineering career to be a tire swapper and re-educating himself to work on cars as a technician. I'm an electrical engineer. By the time I was 26, I owned my own home free and clear (no debt) in the suburb city of a major metro area.

If you throw away a career job which also has great company matching, company benefits, retirement benefits, 401K, and medical plan benefits, you will be making a mistake. Of course, all this is based upon you being a reasonably good EE or not.

You have no debt. So you should finish your EE degree. Keep an eye out for summer jobs that will related to your senior final project class. I did and scored well on it. It is also good fodder material at interviews if you have an interesting senior project which can also be used as prior job experience. It's why I was willing to volunteer at a university R&D lab in exchange for credit on my class. They still had to pay me a minimal amount due to the laws, but I did a lot for free so everyone was happy.
>>
>>17644772
is electrical engineering where it's at? I want to be a chemical engineer but I'm not sure
>>
>>17644698
That bad, huh?
>>17644772
I started uni late, so I wouldn't graduate until I'm 22/23.
>>
>>17644924
>wouldn't graduate until I'm 22/23
dude thats still plenty young enough to start a professional career
>>
>>17644339
that degree wont help you if you've never had a relevant job or any work experience in your desired field of study
>>
>>17644780
It's the best thing to do in the 21st century because if you get at least a bachelors, you'll make bank within a month
>>
>>17645040
which one tho? I hear chem/biochem makes better money

either way I think I'd enjoy it because I think chemistry and electricity are fuckin neato
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.