[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting a 1995 Civic vx as a car alongside my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 8.jpg (216KB, 671x411px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
216KB, 671x411px
Thinking about getting a 1995 Civic vx as a car alongside my first to fuck around with and learn how to tinker. I've heard they're great learning tools for how simple they are. Can anyone with experience with the car testify or is this a bad idea?
>>
File: IMG_7541.jpg (85KB, 655x654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7541.jpg
85KB, 655x654px
How do u fuck around with a fwd? The best starting cars to learn and tune are ( Nissan 240sx, miatas, and e36s), everyone is parting out a 240, junkyards are filled with miatas, and idk the e36 has people parting them out but they do get expensive, if u find a stock 240sx get that. If u find a modded Miata don't get that, how do u have fun with a fwd, just go in a circle around the neighborhood?
>>
>>17641776
why cant you have fun in a fwd? Only fun benefit of rwd i can think of would be obviously drifting, but realisticly i have no place around me that i could even consider doing that in
>>
>>17641824
Let me ask I this, how can fwd be fun?
>>
>>17641776
if you don't think fwd can be fun, you've clearly never driven any good fwd cars. my b18c swapped eg hatch is a fucking blast in the corners.
>>
>>17641844
Driving as a whole is fun to me. i mean personally i've never driven a "fun" car, only daily commuters. but I suppose speed is fun. manual is fun. i have no intentions to try and be a stunt driver or anything.
>>
imo civics are good idea
swap in a b/k/h engine into it. you can buy mounts for them made and lots of people have done it which means fabrication and working out how to do it isn't needed as much. just need to buy the parts needed and do it. would be good to learn how to some work on a car
>>17641860
>>17641844
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N81cEqZEDVQ
lmaoing at all these rwd
>>
>>17641704
I did the same thing but with an Integra. I started with no experience working on cars beyond changing brake pads and basically did every sort of maintenance you can do on a car including an engine swap and transmission rebuild with it just using forums, YouTube, and the service manual for reference. I learned a lot with it and now I save boatloads of money by doing all my own maintenance on my NSX.
>>
>>17641776
>Implying FWD isn't the only place where the power should go
>>
>>17641704
ok so first of all, don't.

You'll look like a vapefag dudebro ricer and cops will constantly harass you.

Second, there is absolutely nothing desirable about a 1995 civic. IF you really want to tinker and have some fun (like tuning) there are better choices out there that don't require an engine swap to go fast. Like the Mustang GT or Camaro (which are easy af to work on) or even the sentra which is better than the civic in every way.
>>
>>17641704
A Civic VX is a car to keep stock you fucking idiot

It's a perfect economy car

60MPG

You don't tinker with it
>>
>>17643805
>claiming a sentra is better than a civic
You invalidated your whole post there buddy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.