[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'05-'06 MCS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: SK04 mini.jpg (83KB, 1412x824px) Image search: [Google]
SK04 mini.jpg
83KB, 1412x824px
Is the 05-06 Mini Cooper S any good? How is the day-to-day driving of the car? Does the car respond good to modifications and tracking?
>>
>>17640620
I got a 06 convertible non s and I think it more fun to drive then my my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3. I can only imagine what an S can do
>>
File: Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_1.jpg (2MB, 1403x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_1.jpg
2MB, 1403x2000px
In the next few posts you can find the GRM buyers guide, can also stroingly recommend the YouTube channel Mod MINI
>>
File: Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_2.jpg (2MB, 1353x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_2.jpg
2MB, 1353x2000px
>>
File: Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_3.jpg (2MB, 1419x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_3.jpg
2MB, 1419x2000px
>>
File: Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_4.jpg (2MB, 1429x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_4.jpg
2MB, 1429x2000px
>>
File: Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_5.jpg (2MB, 1407x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-Cooper-R53-Buyers-Guide_5.jpg
2MB, 1407x2000px
>>
>>17640620
tiny, rusts on the tailgate, latches break, interior is shit, uncomfortable unless you're a manlet or woman, speedometer looks like huge clock in center of car
>>
>When the Miata just isn't gay enough
>>
>>17640620
Friend owns a 2010 S convertible, its a money pit and it keeps breaking
>>
I own a 2005 facelifted R53 JCW currently running about 220hp.

If you can get one with the limited slip diff, even the 170hp S will show "proper" sports cars a clean pair of heels on country roads.

The tailgate rusts like fuck, wheel hubs wear, the strut top mounts are a weak point.

The interior is fine for me, it's basic and rattles a bit, but it's nice material and colour coded to the exterior paint. I'm 183cm (idk what that is in Ameribucks) and a fat lardarse, and it fits me just fine. The steering is beautifully weighted and full of feedback, the JCW brakes are more than capable and the facelift cars with the jcw exhaust burble and pop like mad

A set of 380cc injectors, pulley and a tune will have you at 200+ hp - it might not sound much compared to current era hot hatches, but the gearing and weight make anything this side of an M135i struggle to keep up until about 65mph

They're gay as fuck, but they're a great car. More reliable and more engaging than the R56, too
>>
>>17643172
Been looking around
A gp version is definitely a real sports car
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvi-uOBjv1U
>>
>>17642937
07-10 Esses are well known to be a shit
05-06 / 11-13 are the only ones worth buying
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.