[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cities and Car Culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Hey anons, recent college grad here looking for jobs in places like Seattle, NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston etc.

What's the car culture like when it comes to big cities?

NYC i imagine is almost non-existent given the cost of living and keeping a car.
>>
File: fc_550x550_white.jpg (52KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc_550x550_white.jpg
52KB, 550x550px
>>17638401
>Car Culture
No thanks
>>
>>17638413
>posts on a car culture board
>dislikes car culture
>>
If you're going to be a wagecuck commuting in a big city, either use Uber or get some disposable autotragic Elantra.
>>
>>17638401
Absolutely awful. I live in NYC and it's all mommy cruisers, nignogcars or ricers because insurance is so expensive. Most people don't give a fuck what they drive or simply have no ambition to drive around all. It sickens me as a young man.
>>
>>17638401
lol

It's there, but not in the metro areas. Big cities are not nice for car ownership: no personal garages, expensive parking, shitloads of traffic, lots of regulations, door dings for days, and more.

So you want the big city experience? Sell your car. Too bad. The majority of your income will go to the inflated rent. Cities are set up for public transport so take advantage of it.
>>
>>17638658
>Cities are set up for public transport so take advantage of it.
It can still be useful to have a car if you make trips outside the city.
>>
>>17638658
Just buy a loft with a freight elevator and indoor parking.
>>
>>17638700
Handy? Yes. Worth the insurance? Probably not.

If you're going outside the city enough to warrant a car, then why live in the city?

If it's enough to warrant ubers or rentals to be too expensive, the city probably isn't for you.
>>
>>17638751
It's not about needs, right? You Americans should know that.
>>
I actually just moved to Chicago and read that you have 30 days after becoming a resident to register your car. My question is, how would they even know when you moved in? What's stopping me from just telling a cop if I ever get pulled over that I just moved in recently?
>>
>>17638861
Not hard. They run your plate, look at the residential address, then check the timestamp. If it's greater than 30 days, then you get a ticket.
>>
>>17638401
I live about an hr from Boston but I have to go there a lot. Worst drivers ever. Mostly shitboxes and C-Class/3-Series company cars. The only nice cars are owned by Asian college students studying abroad. One has a yellow Diablo, another guy I knew had a freakin stash... gallardo, gt3, CGT, etc

Just stay away, I've lived in NYC, DC, Baltimore and more and it's my least favorite city
>>
Miami has a decent one
>>
>>17638401
I don't know about anymore, but 10 years ago, Phoenix was where it was at.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.