[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should a truck have running boards? Yes, or no? Pls explain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IB-F0176.jpg (84KB, 1200x768px) Image search: [Google]
IB-F0176.jpg
84KB, 1200x768px
Should a truck have running boards? Yes, or no? Pls explain.
>>
>>17634374
If you are a manlet, yeah.
>>
File: Leafs1.jpg (82KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
Leafs1.jpg
82KB, 600x424px
>>17634380
Ok. So answer is "no"?
>>
>>17634374
no
>>17634407
yes
>>
Power deployable running boards are high class, functional, and good offroad.
>>
If you drive on a lot of gravel, it really saves it.

Otherwise, no. It takes away from the clean body lines of the truck.
>>
If you do any nasty rough off roading then yes. They're useful in that they'll protect your rocker panels to some degree. At least mine have, they're slightly bent instead of rocker panel damage.
That's only if you're too poor for actual rock sliders.
>>
>>17634374
Yes. Trucks are for hauling shit, not outright offroading. Making it easier to get into and out of the truck is nice.

If you must use your truck on extreme offroad situations the answer is no, but most trucks dont leave the pavement.
>>
>>17634374
If there's something on the outside of the truck to hold onto, yes. If you can only use them when the truck is stopped then no.
>>
>>17634374
Old man trucks, yes. They're also useful on bigass sky high lifted mud trucks for maneuvering around the truck. Otherwise, usually no.

>>17634511
A strip of bedliner round the bottom of the body can look pretty damn good on some trucks and protect from gravel and shit.

>>17634524
Are rock sliders really much more expensive than running boards? They've always seemed to cost about the same when I've looked, but I just fab my own shit instead of buying anyways.
>>
>>17634374
on a truck of that ride height it makes it look like it belongs to an elderly man
>>
My truck is stock height and has nerf bars. I'm a little over 6' so I don't have any problem stepping in and I don't really use them. But my wife is shorter and it definitely makes it easier for her to get in and out.

If you can't get in and out of your truck without looking like a small child, then you should probably install some kind of steps.
>>
>>17634506
And break down, then you're stuck with a very expensive repair bill or have to deal with them just being down
>>
I like them as a protection against small side impacts
>>
File: lift2.jpg (245KB, 2096x1178px) Image search: [Google]
lift2.jpg
245KB, 2096x1178px
AMP Research retracting steps are the correct answer. one of my favorite things I've done. they fold down when you open the door and retract 2 seconds after you close it. they come down much lower than any fixed step but don't cost you any clearance and look much cleaner. most people don't even know they're there.
>>
>>17639019

hey anon im glad you got your truck back

looks like the bodyshop left it perfect after the accident.
>>
>>17636089
"HIGH CLASS"
>>
File: IMG_0444.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Personal preference desu. I took them off my Yukon (pic related) because I like how it looks and I have no trouble getting in and out of it. I suppose if you have a fat gf you would want them
>>
>>17634374
if you have kids they're understandable, if you lifted your truck they're understandable.

if you just like the way they look and you don't plan on taking it offroad they're understandable.

I don't like them, won't put them on truck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.