[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever driven in a foreign country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 623664732.jpg (697KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
623664732.jpg
697KB, 1024x683px
No not neighboring countries like America and Canada or any European countries. I mean in a completely different country from the country you live in.
>>
>>17627494
I drove once in Jamaica. It scared the shit out of me. Those guys give absolutely zero fucks
>>
>>17627494
Driving in Okinawa is kind of scary. The roads are so narrow they make a Prius feel like an SUV.

(I'm a tourist, not USA military)
>>
>>17627840
USA military (used to be at least) and spent 14 years there. Maybe the first year behind the wheel was scary but after that, no issue.
Guess it depends on how long you were there for. Driving in mainland is about the same by my experience.
>>
File: photo_2017-06-02_15-27-02.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-06-02_15-27-02.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>17627494
Drove an NSX and an R32 on the Hakone touges. Absolutely mad, 100mph on the twisties was fucking fun.
>>
>>17627494
Europe is a foreign country; I'm english.
Haven't driven in any countries other than england and scotland, though. My passport expired, I don't want to visit the continent, and I can't afford to buy airline tickets anywhere else because of car payments.
Not that the car payments are so bad, but they're enough that I can't justify spending on expensive foreign holidays. I just take road trips in the car instead, and don't go anywhere that doesn't speak English. (Which is why I'm not going to scotland again)
>>
I live in the Netherlands. Most people here are somewhat nice in traffic, but I guess that's due to alot of people driving those tin can Euro A Segment cars (ford ka, 107/C1/aygo, vw up!, etc.). I swear, those things are deathboxes.

My parents are from morocco though, so I've driven there a couple of times. The noice old mercedes diesel drivers there are kind, but jesus fuck it's such a clusterfuck with shit tier french cars and dacias everywhere, full of dents and dings. Mopeds zipping errywhere, no helmets or anything, just shorts and flipflops. This triggers the atgatt motorcycle rider in me

In italy; laughs were had. Traffic is like tetris. Italians don't give a SHIT about traffic laws. I believe that when the italian gubment tried to enforce the seat belt laws, people (on sicily atleast) just started wearing t shirts with a black seat belt like print.

Spain: fugg that country with their fake cops trying to steal money and shit from foreigners.

Germoney: noice roads, noice drivers. Don't take any longer than neccesary to overtake on the autobahn. Quite some dutch people end up getting rear ended because they don't realize plenty of people go 200+ on the autobahn. They just look in their mirror and think "oh that car is pretty far away, I can easily overtake". Meanwhile Jan is doing 130 while Hans is going double his speed.
>>
>>17629309
>Germoney: noice roads, noice drivers. Don't take any longer than neccesary to overtake on the autobahn. Quite some dutch people end up getting rear ended because they don't realize plenty of people go 200+ on the autobahn. They just look in their mirror and think "oh that car is pretty far away, I can easily overtake". Meanwhile Jan is doing 130 while Hans is going double his speed.

Hans should look where he's fucking going.
>>
>>17627816
Same with Mexico. Fuck that shit holy hell. Not to mention their mountain roads that are worse than anything in America don't have any rails or shit.
>>
>>17629344
Jan should take a closer look in the fucking mirror before pulling out in front of cars going over 200.
>>
>>17629369
This desu senpai.
>>
File: 1477330393881.gif (157KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477330393881.gif
157KB, 500x375px
>>17629198
>Europe is a foreign country
>>
>>17627494
Drove from the UK to Europe for the first time recently. Didn't take too long to get used to driving on the wrong side, doing roundabouts the wrong way took some concentration at first though. Went fast on the autobahn and drove the nurburgring which was top fun.
>>
>>17627494
From America, drove in Korea.

It's scary as fuck because the rules mean nothing and people just mindlessly floor it everywhere without looking.

they regularly blast through red lights, even when peds are crossing.
>>
>>17629369
This.
Autobahn at night is fun, cruising at way beyond 120mph is a very satisfying drug.

Driving in the US is pretty nice too. I've only driven in San Diego so far though. Had a rental MX5 for almost a week, was a blast.
Your 4-way-stop-crossings are weird though - you have "first come first go", in Europe we have "yield to the right" like crossings with no signs.
>>
Qatar - Holy shit road warrior mode, they'll straight up push your car out of the way if you're blocking the turn they want to make
Northern Japan - Ultra conservative careful drivers. It was cheaper to fly or take the bullet train to Tokyo than drive so I never did.
South Korea - Traffic jams because some idiot blocks traffic because he's busy watching the TV stuck on his dash and everybody absentmindedly stacks up around him
Germany - A big mix of driver types, not too bad
Italy - Seems erratic, but flows very well, and everybody speeds between towns
Naples and Sicily - Pretty much GTA when it comes to following traffic signs. Scooters in every nook and cranny. Rome isn't quite as bad because it's crawling with cops.
Austria, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Belgium - see Germany, but with a speed limit
>>
>>17630225
officially there is a counter-clockwise order (to the right), but it's almost always "first come first serve" and then whoever hasnt gone the longest.
>>
>>17630225
If someome was there first they get to go first. If they all come at the same time it's supposed to be the person to right.
>>
Iceland, murica, germany, austria, belgium. I live in the netherlands.
>>
>>17628918
Did you go through Fun2Drive?
>>
>>17629361
I grew up going to mexico every summer sometimes winter. Every road except toll highways are complete death traps.

Sometimes you get lucky and get a road that has been widened so you can use the shoulder when you're getting passed.

Just hope you don't get hit by a runaway semi with overheated brakes passing through a construction zone like it happened to us.
>>
>>17630795
this guy seems to get it

I'll add China - Slow 'German' and 'American' automatics everywhere on four lane roads, mostly bland in big cities. Super fun but dangerous in the underdevelopped areas, aka anything can happen.

My favorite is Italian or French countryside.
>>
>>17627840
US Military. I drove around the greater Tokyo/Yokohama and Mt Fuji areas. It isn't much better up there. I often spent 4 hours to move 5 miles between bases, on the expressway. Having a motorcycle and lane splitting/filtering through traffic made trips less than half a long. though really, you don't need a car in Japan proper most of the time. The train system is so good, that you can use them and a little walking to get everywhere. Trains are cheaper too once you consider 7 dollars a gallon fuel, 12-60 dollar round trip tolls, and pay for parking.
>>
>>17631248
I hear the Japanese are very polite and particular about forming proper lines waiting for trains and subways.
Is this true?
>>
>>17631283
yes.

social conditioning also means they'll be polite with you to a fault. even if they really hate your guts.

though I hear okinawans are a bit more rowdy when it comes to americans.
>>
>>17630991
Yes, a bit on the costly side but so worth it. Unforgettable experience.

>>17631283
Yes, I can confirm. They change to organized mode as soon as rush hour starts so that the crowds of people that move in and out of trains at each stop actually manage to do so without delaying the departure of the train. It's quite impressive that the Yamanote (the main-est of the main lines in Tokyo) can keep up with one departure every three minutes and still be on time with hundreds of people leaving and entering at each stop.
I never experienced being pushed into the train to fit though, fortunately.
>>
>>17627494
List of countys I`ve been driving in:
>Germany
>Netherlands
>Belgium
>Tenerriffe (spanish island on african continent but in EU)
>USA
>Luxemburg
>Sweden
>>
>Crete, Greece
Civilized. Road mostly well maintained.

>Corfu, Greece
Civilized. Twisty roads, sometimes very narrow. Subcompact car makes it much easier.

>Czech Republic
Not that much traffic. Haven't driven in Prague though. I like their 0 tolerance towards alcohol, and mandatory headlights 24/7.

>Germany
Mixed bag. Rules are generally respected but too many wannabe race car drivers on regular roads.
>>
>>17631426
>Germany
Homeland, if there is no construction site or traffic jam, the speed is fun, but expensive.
>Netherlands
Nice country roads in good condition, modern versions of roundabouts everywhere
>Belgium
Outside of cities just like germany without the Autobahnen, the cities are verry bad.
>Tenneriffe
Either 15% up or 15% down, nice verry tight twisties and every misstake will kill you.
DON`T GET ANYTHING BIGGER THAN A MX-5, roads are as norrow as one lane there and there are busses driving on these roads...
>USA
Boring long staight roads with low speed limits, but gas is cheap.
>Luxemburg
Verry small, you always cross a border when you move.
>Sweden
Nice and green, they actualy warn you about radars and there are skifmarks everywhere...
>>
>>17631380
yeah because they've been having to deal with getting shit on by the japanese mainland and by the muhreens for the last fucking century. it's a fun place tho.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.