[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miata with 200k miles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5532.jpg (46KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5532.jpg
46KB, 337x450px
Sup guys, /a/ here. I'm looking for a fun car and I found this. Should I buy it? I don't want to spend a ton on maintenance are Miatas reliable and cheap to fix? It has a shit ton of miles but apparently still runs fine. It's for sale for $1,500 is that a good deal? Thanks.
>>
>>17627166
no buy a mint one.
>>
>>17627177
But a mint one is like 5k I don't have that anon
>>
>>17627263
then buy a civic for 3k. and if you can't afford that go be poor somewhere else.
>>
>>17627166
Where is that located? I'll fucking buy it because I know how to fix shit. Might be over your head?
>>
Bump is this a good deal?
>>
>>17627503
no.
>>
File: IMG_5534.jpg (172KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5534.jpg
172KB, 720x1024px
Looks like it's good to drive only problem is that I feel like it's basically a rolling death trap are NA miatas really as dangerous as people say?
>>
>>17628063
yes. you will die if you get in any accident more serious than a fender bender

which is why they're the cheapest cars to insure. companies don't need to pay out if you're dead.

that, and cause they're incredibly cheap and so small&light that they can't even damage other cars
>>
>>17628140
How much safer would it be if I got a roll bar and a harness?
>>
>>17628164
it'll make it more safe in some situations, and less safe in others.

look, these old miatas are deathtraps, especially the NAs like the one posted. You either live with it or get a safer car, but there's not much you can do to make the miata safer
>>
>>17628164
also a word of advice, NEVER use a race harness for daily driving. Are you insane? do you want to snap your neck? Do you want to paralyze yourself?

a regular seatbelt allows your upper body to still move a bit so you don't end up snapping your neck and spine. A race harness will hold you in place while all that momentum goes right to your head.
>>
>>17628164
and as for the roll bar, that would only help if you rolled your car upside down, which is not as common as all the other types of accidents where it will cause injury due to you smacking your head against it. No, wrapping it in foam won't help either

sorry for the triple reply, but yeah, you either live with it knowing it's a deathtrap or buy a safer vehicle
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.