[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fair price for a 2.5 rs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5530.jpg (275KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5530.jpg
275KB, 640x480px
I love how they look and they seem pretty fun to drive too. There's one I'm gonna go look at this weekend that has 200,000 miles but apparently has been maintained great and looks to be in great condition and not riced or abused. The price is 4,000 but that's too high I'm thinking 2.5k if it runs perfectly. Also what are some good tips for bargaining on Craigslist...?
>>
CAD?
>>
>>17625652
0 dollars. Subarus are shit and have no redeeming features.
>>
>>17625652
I would say about $4-6k usd
>>
>>17625652
200,000 is a lot on the original engine, and I think they're the 2.5's which are entirely uncontainable shit. Plan on engine swapping if you buy.
>>
$4000 is a lot.

You can get a JDM WRX for a little bit more money and with zero rust.

If you pay more than $2000 I feel bad for you.

Check underneath it, make sure the sub-frame isn't rotten, check the rear wheel wells, poke your finger into all the seams in there... they rot there too.
>>
>>17625652
That's a bad deal and you're a retarded weaboo teenager if you take it

Prove me wrong OP. For 2.5 k you need to know that you don't have many options.

That's one of the first ruled of craigslist shopping.
>>
>>17627175
Link please? If you could find a wrx that's not a rusted shitheap in Michigan for that price I'd suck your dick (no homo though just for fun)
>>
>>17627524
Well I know it's a bad deal in a vacuum but subaru tax is real and even super old beat up subarus still go for a ton
>>
>>17627570
Don't pay the meme tax OP. For 2.5 k i can tell you don't have that much money. You need a cheap car that works vs a cheap car that costs a lot to repair because it never works. And that subaru will often need repairs
>>
Legitimately clean ones are meme taxed up because people probably know anyone who wants to turn it into a GC8 will pay good money for a clean chassis.
>>
>>17627587
Especially in the northeast, by the way.
>>
>>17627584
I assumed the engine was pretty cheap to work on? Also my Buddy can do engine swaps for free if I wanted to put a WRX engine in
>>
>>17627641
trust me you think its cheap to work on until you get some real life experience with that shit and something autistic happens like the mount bends and youre left with a totalled car
>>
>>17627641
Just drop wrx engine in like lego right??
Why not get lancer and just "drop" in evo engine ?
>>
>>17625652
I was on the same boat a few months ago.
Started visiting Subaru forums.
Read working on engine was rip.

Bunta meme is real.
>>
>>17627641
The engines are easy to work on, but a WRX swap is going to be complicated.

At 200k on a car that old you're really asking to wind up having to replace half of everything. It's a great car, but it's going to be ready to drive off in to the sunset. I wouldn't spend more than a few thou on one, I would expect to have it apart in the driveway fixing shit on my own most of the time, and I would frame a reminder on the wall to not put more than another few thou into it before letting it go.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.