[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VW TDI, driving experiences?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So I'm in a non-inspection state, and quite frankly I think the (((dieselgate))) thing is overblown. What's a few hundred thousand otherwise clean (besides the NOx) VWs compared to the US's commercial fleet of trucks and other heavy machines/vehicles?

Anyways, my main question is this.. I've been really interested in Diesel ever since I drove a Passat and an E-class diesel, the low end torque, the rattle, all that good shit makes me crazy. I have a gasser golf now, but should I bother trying to score a diesel? Anyone drive a manual transmission Diesel? The ones I tried were auto.
>>
Btw: they've just announced a fix for the 2010-14 gen TDIs that were previously all bought up and not for sale hardly at all Nationwide. This is why I'm asking this now
>>
>unironically wanting to support what is quite possibly the worst car company
Good goy
>>
Meh they're fine. The vw diesels don't drive that much different than a gas car. Not like going from a mustang to a cummins.

mpgs are nice, mawds are nice. okay torque but the TDi is no monster by any means.
>>
They shit out nox and in order to be compliant with regulation they have to be retune and you lose power and fuel economy.
>>
>>17625506
>Any worse than bailout taking US companies, Toyota who makes cucked shitty econoboxes.

I like their products. Anyone can shit on any other company and I've never bought a new VW so other than "advertising" by driving them around, not sure what you mean
>>
I have a 2001 TDI. The older engine that they didn't mess with.

It doesn't have the same torque that you get from all the diesel memes of just lifting up the clutch. You do have to give it some throttle.

If you want to cruise through the neighborhood at 30 mph you can be at like 1200 rpm in 4th. But that said there are 2 areas to know of in the rev range. One when the turbo kicks in around 1600-1800 rpm and then you get peak power somewhere between 3-4k. Red line at 4600.

To accelerate or to go up hills you need that turbo. You won't make it without.
>>
>>17625506
Please explain why instead of just spouting some trendy maymay.
>>
>>17625725
ignore the VAG memes, most of /o/ has never even ridden in a Volkswagen, let alone owned one.
>>
Diesel belongs in agricultural machinery, not in cars. When I see someone in a diesel car, I automatically assume they're a cheapskate or farmer.
>>
I've got a 2lt E220d diesel 2017 and it pulls like a train. I had a demo E350d for a week and that was hella fun. Floor the loud pedal and you're in hyperspace.
>>
>>17625847
>>17625827
>>17625817
Thanks guys, glad to get some advice from an owner that's all I came looking for really. I wouldn't give advice on which mustang to buy so I wonder why people who don't seem to have any experience with VW let alone the diesels are chiming in.

Anyway, yeah I like the idea of the range and quite frankly there's such a devoted community behind TDIs with modding, aftermarket parts etc that appeals to me since I don't get that with my 2.5 5cyl. It's the black sheep of small VW engines
>>
>>17626042
Aw neat, yeah merc diesel and BMW are interesting too, seem hard to find used tho and with manual trans
>>
>>17626119
Where's the group you're looking at located?
>>
>>17626170
Well I'm not involved but I know of a few in the central FL area from what I've seen online and the online resources
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.