[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pony Car Value Proposition; Owner Feedback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm in the market for a used/CPO pony car.

Requirements:
>V8
>Stick Shift
>=< ~$25 K
>Leather Interior

Like to have but not necessarily a key point:
>performance package
>things kept mostly stock (I'm ok with aftermarket exhausts or intakes, assuming it isn't distasteful or low quality)

Dealbreakers:
>over 75K Miles
>any sign of a shitty owner (poorly patched up accidents; anything spray painted or plastidipped - including wheels)

I prefer the looks of the Mustang and interior quality (fit & finish), but the performance & potential of the LS3 in the Camaro.

I'm in a pickle; can I get some feedback from real-time pony car owners?
Any suggestions?

I plan to own for 5 years+; I do not currently track any cars (I haven't researched how to get into track days in HTX.
>>
>>17622966
you amerikikes dont know what id give for a camaro in europe, i guess we do have the mustang
>>
>>17622966
on a related note, both have potential. The mustang even more than the camaro imo. Cant you get like 600+hp with just a turbo and stock internals on a 5.0?
>>
>>17623159
Camaros are easy to get in Central Europe. Maybe don't live in that third world shithole called United Kingdom.
>>
>>17622966
Get a turd gen or fox body

old enough to be easy to work on, and most of them have had an engine swap already. The money you put into a newer used pony car can easily be spent making a fox or turd into a 400+hp monster
>>
>>17623179
>Camaros are easy to get in Central Europe
It's easy to get anything when Dmitry and Sacha are boosting everything
>>
>>17623179
>>17623179
what? i thought theyre not even sold in europe, I mean i can buy one in central europe and bring it to where i live I dont care.
>>
>>17623178
OP here; so this is based on research, not experience, but it's the opposite

both the 5.0 coyote and the 6.2 LS3 produce around 430 hp; but the higher displacement of the camaro means that the engine isn't working as hard or with as tight tolerances to get the same number as the 5.0

the coyore gets more hp per liter, but as such is less reliable in the long term, modifications are more expensive when compared to the camaro.

the camaro has higher ceiling and tolerance for true modifications; many reaching into the upper 700s and onward

the mustang, after more money put into the engine, will be more finnicky and settle down around 600-700

while it's true that there's no replacement for displacement; im having trouble asking myself whether the low growl of the camaro and potential for performance really justifies the additional cost. compared to every shitvbox I've driven, both are far superior
>>
>>17623191
theres plenty of videos on youtube of coyotes making 800 hp on stock internals, usually with 2 turbos but im sure you can find a lot of shit online.
>>
>>17622966
Ford mustang

BETTER SOUND!!!
>>
>>17623204
you think so?

the 6.2 growls a bit better at low rpm imo

test drove a 15 mustang and it seemed a little high pitched
>>
File: 1501187077708m.jpg (89KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
1501187077708m.jpg
89KB, 1024x733px
>>17623245
But that coyote scREEEEEEEE at high rpm makes me diamonds
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.