[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swapping options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: shit bawks.jpg (78KB, 595x491px) Image search: [Google]
shit bawks.jpg
78KB, 595x491px
I'm practically throwing a firecracker in a special ed class by asking this, oh well.

So when I was starting out as mechanic apprentice I fell for the rotary meme. I love the way that the rx8 looks and feels to drive, but I just can't justify the abusrd amount of money I've spent on keeping the motor alive for no real benefit.

So my question to you guys would be what would you swap, and why?

>inb4 el ess wun
>inb4 cosmo 20b
>>
>>17622028
>So my question to you guys would be what would you swap, and why?
Swap the rx8 for another car.
>>
Just keep being a random lol xd.
Also,fuck you.
>>
>>17622033
This.

As an FC owner, if you're wasting an absurd amount of money "Keeping the motor alive", then it's already fucking dead to begin with. Do a rebuild on it and take care of it properly, or get a different car.

Doing a swap is going to change the way it feels to drive anyways, dummy.
>>
Toyota V6,
Good power to weight
Cheap and easy to find
Short
Might be a hard to fit height wise though.

You'd be better off rebuilding your motor with some light but smart porting and premix or omp with 2 stroke from the get go. It will be cheaper and easier
>>
>>17622028
LS3. Strictly better than ls1, but still the same high performance, basic to maintain, Chevy v8
>>
>>17622028
http://www.aaenperformance.com/V4_racing_engine.asp
>>
File: meh.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Thanks for the pointers, appreciated :)

I probably should have mentioned that I have rebuilt the renesis before. It's insanely expensive to buy parts here in kangarooland (aftermarket and oem) For almost the same price I could put another motor with far greater benefits, auto elec quote included.

flame shield activated shitcunts
>>
>>17622590
Thats what you get for buying a hairdressers car anon, should've bought a PP 808 or something
>>
buy a different car, engine swap will ruin it and rx8 doesn't look that great to keep it after ruining her
either live with braap or get something else like a 3k civic
>>
RX8

Get rid of it.
I wanted one until I found out why there's so few of them on the road, they're mechanical disasters as far as my view goes.
>>
>>17622843
they are not tho

change the starter and ignition plugs, feed her oil and it will run for years
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo81U1cylb9VF009SqtTJqg

watch this fag if you want to keep the renesis in your rx8, he posts videos of him owning rx8 and how to... videos
>>
>>17622028
K L Z E
L
Z
E
>>
>>17622590
K Honda swaps and SR20 swaps in RX8s are a thing and fit nicely without upsetting the weight balance and steering geometry
1JZ swaps are done on these as well, but you need a kit for the steering geometry and the weight balance is offset so the battery has to be moved rearward
>>
>>17622851
>feed her oil and it will run for years
Approximately two years, to be specific.

Rotards will refuse to admit that their fidget spinner engines are shit, so just do an Ls swap and be done with it.
>>
>>17623335
no.
>>
>>17623350
Yes. Go rebuild your trash engine for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>17623358
no, i'll just add more rotors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ZsX5hEPcc
>>
File: tarnation.jpg (33KB, 507x504px) Image search: [Google]
tarnation.jpg
33KB, 507x504px
>>17622028
>inb4 ls1
but anon, that's the only right answer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.