[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malibu ls1 swap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5427.jpg (38KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5427.jpg
38KB, 500x333px
So I already have a reliable daily driver but I can't afford a fun weekend car. I'm thinking for only a couple thousand I could swap in an ls1 and upgrade the suspension and maybe do a manual swap too. my buddy gave me a good quote for the work and I'm looking for an engine right now online. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>17620524
No, it being fwd KILLS the idea and it'll probably costs at least 5k.
>>
>>17620530
Would you reccomend any engine swap? A turbo subaru boxer engine wouldn't be too expensive.
>>
>>17620524
No. You'd be able to buy several fun shitboxes for the >$6000 you're going to spend in frankensteining your solid dd into an automotive abortion.
>>
>>17620555
Nope, the engineering and reliability issues kills it for me. If you really want something like It, go buy a Monte Carlo SS with an ls4
>>
Are you the same fag that wanted to throw an eBay turbo in your Malibu?

Why don't you just buy a weekend car instead of spending worthless money on a damn Malibu?

You remind me of my friend that spent 10k on his V6 charger.
>>
>>17620576
>10k on a v6 dodge
Does he have 2 replacement engines ready for next year?
>>
>>17620578
Exactly. He spent that replacing the engine... twice.
>>
>>17620524
How old are you?

Seriously, this is a juvenile question which suggests you know about as much about cars and how they work as you do about how best to spend your money. i.e. shit all.
>>
>>17620585
If I got a wrx engine and upgraded suspension it would basically be a focus rs
>>
>>17620584
>Still only has 80k on the body
>>
File: screams internally.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>17620595
>>
Fwd cars are only made to take the engines that were available at the factory. They are turned sideways and crammed with the transmission in. It's simply not possible, some Toyotas and Honda's are swappable but they keep everything in the 4 cylinder range.

Buy a police Caprice with a V8 either a 1995-96 or a 2011-2017.
>>
>>17620524
Just find an impala with the 5.3.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.