[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ford Bronco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bron.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bron.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
Was wondering if the Bronco is worth getting as a daily driver
>>
>>17615594
It you have the money for gas go for it, OJ.

And make sure the timing chain has be replaced already.
>>
>>17615594
find one with a 302.
>>
File: IMAG0404.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0404.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
Hello, anon. I own a Bronco and daily it. I love my truck, and I'm not a truck guy. I will admit a large portion of that is related to it being a family heirloom of sorts.

A couple things: People will comment on it. As you can see, my truck isn't in fantastic shape (an on-going restoration, really) but I get comments frequently enough "Hey, nice truck! Gotta love Broncos!" or occasionally, "Hey, OJ!" This may have a lot to do with living in the south, though.

Gas mileage: I've got the 302 with 4-speed Automatic Overdrive transmission. I frequently floor it when getting on the highway or passing. It's slow. I also get about 11mpg. If I drove a bit more conservatively, that would improve a bit but you will not see anything higher than mid-teens at best.

Common issues: After 130k miles or so, the rear main seal will likely leak. You'll also probably have some assorted gasket leaks. Mine was a valve cover gasket. Good news is, these trucks are pretty easy to work on. Bad news is, they're old, so there's going to be rust and crud and shit everywhere.

Driving-wise: I can hop curbs like nobody's goddamn business, which still hasn't gotten old. Truck stopped in the middle of where you want to go with no room? Hop that curb. No fucks given. Parts availability is off the wall, since almost the entirety of the truck is F-150.

tl;dr: I like driving my truck, and I'm not a truck guy at all. 11mpg is no fucking joke, though.
>>
>>17615879

Nice anon. I've always wanted a Bronco as a DD, but I don't have the time or ability to maintain one. Maybe next time I buy a car, I will come across a fully restored one with modern internals.
>>
>>17615879
Ive got a 2000 explorer (And had a '98 5.0) 5.0 so its got the same engine and probably same trans. Its never been that bad that I had to floor it.

Granted mine were/are rated at 215 hp and the explorer isnt so boxy.
>>
>>17616038
Well, I also just really like hearing the engine noise. I don't necessarily *need* to floor it, but it's still slow. 185 horsepower from a 5 liter V8 is sad. I'm actually looking at building a new engine for it, and will be using the cylinder heads from a 97ish Explorer, as like you said, they make a bit more power. Also improve fuel economy, from what I understand. The Explorer actually didn't have an AOD transmission option at all from what I can tell, but had updated auto options instead, and if you had the 5.0 I think all of them came mated to the 4R70W transmission for the automatic versions. There's also the issue of final drive gearing, but like I said, I really do just like the noise of the engine, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of fuel economy to get from 60 to 80 a little quicker.
>>
File: Bronco2.jpg (94KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bronco2.jpg
94KB, 960x540px
>>17615594
I've never driven anything with a tighter turning radius that wasn't on tracks
>>
>>17615879
>truck
the bronco is an SUV.
>>
>>17616568
Lots of people call anything body-on-frame a truck. A bronco is as much a truck as an Expedition, which is as much a truck as an F-150.
Before you get snarky and imply Panther platform cars trucks, they're the only contemporary exception.
>>
>>17615594
IM NOT BLACK IM OJ
>>
>>17615594
IMO a "daily driver" should be something that is easy to drive, easy to park, easy to get in and out of, and doesn't blow a hole in your wallet. A Bronco is cool but fits none of this.
>>
>>17616949
If the earlier anon is right about the turning radius it should be pretty easy to park. It's wide, but no wider than your average pickup. The only thing that's worrying is the height. It's actually not as long as a long-bed pickup and people DD those literally everywhere in the US, all the time.
>>
>>17616949
Anything is a daily if you try hard enough. Go for it OP.
>>
>>17616949
I'm guessing you haven't had your license for long if at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.