[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: dumb ideas ICE powered supercharger. Basically, you strap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

ITT: dumb ideas

ICE powered supercharger. Basically, you strap a small motorcycle engine just to compress air for the big main engine. Imagine like 250cc twin cyl motorcycle engine feeding a 8 liter V10 or 10 liter V12. It could weight less than turbos and make a shitload of power if tuned correctly.
>>
>>17610456
You can't supercharge a car with ice, dumb ass
>>
Similar idea to cylinder deactivation. What if a car has two straight six engines right next to each other. You can choose to have one or both engines on.
>>
>>17610476
Using more than one engine on the road is illegal (surprisingly they bothered to come up with that law) that's why bike derived V8s exist, they can share one crank.
>>
>>17610456
Would be more of a waste than not. But that's one of the logics behind the hybrid car.
>>
>>17610456
Roadkill already did it. Google "boost caboose"
>>
>>17610456
>It could weight less than turbos

In what kind of alternate reality are you living where a second small engine pulling a supercharger weights less than a turbo?
A supercharger alone weighs more than most turbos.
>>
>>17610456
just get a 48v battery and an electric turbo.
>>
>>17610456
Transverse mounted straight 8
>>
I really want to see a performance-oriented soft hybrid
>>
>>17611605
Just attach a wheel directly to each end of the crankshaft and have the cylinders be like 80mm bore x 150mm stroke or something silly. It would have to use 8 separate carburetors, and the only way to start it would be push starting.
>>
>>17611934
>No tranny
It's like you want to go slow
>>
>>17612099
It's like you want to have no fun
>>
>>17610456
Weigh less, how?

And dude; the supercharger on an engine like that will be drawing more power than what a 250cc engine could give
>>
>>17610456
So you have one engine to compress a charge which then powers the other engine?

You might as well use a bigger primary engine. You're adding a whole load of complexity (crankshaft and cam drive, mainly) where you could just as easily just add another cilinder.

> It could weight less than turbos and make a shitload of power if tuned correctly.
No it couldn't. Try picking up a motorcycle engine, and tell me if it weighs less than a turbo.

>>17610476
It'd be even more interesting if that used differential steering, like a tank.

>>17610536
Citation fucking needed, what fucking shithole do you even live in? Hybrids would be illegal, as would dual-motor Teslas.
>>
>>17610476
>tfw getting my twin engine car liscence tomorrow
>engine 1 on my ecoboost™ Twineco™ Ford Prius festiva fails.
>uncontrollably spin like a madman
>because of poor engineering, the right engine powers the rear right wheel, and the left engine powers the rear left wheel.
>car can only go one direction
>it won't stop spinning
>it goes faster
>the entire car is spinning around 500000000000 RPM
>it lifts off into space
>my twin engine hatchback is now spacejunk floating through the near galaxies

>there goes the second one this week...
>>
File: Doppelmotorgolf.jpg (87KB, 704x456px) Image search: [Google]
Doppelmotorgolf.jpg
87KB, 704x456px
>>17612987
>dual engine hatchback
VW did that in the 80s for group B
>>
>>17610536
tell that to the guy in my town who shoved a pontiac 4 banger and transverse gearbox in the back of an early ford taurus to make a car that's both FF and RR at the same time
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.