[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

200mph dirt nasty cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 0610171310.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0610171310.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
I want to get to 200mph as cheaply as possible, I have a heavily modified ae86 and I want to get it to 200mph as cheaply as possible, toss me some ideas(extra info about car as requested)
>>
>>17604626
Sell the car and buy a turbo busa.
>>
Drive on a day where there's a tailwind.
>>
Let's make it preferably in this car, I'm ballin on a shot budget
>>
And it would have to be a pretty big fucking gust of wind to get me to 200
>>
>>17604626
>AE86
>heavily modified
you're gonna fucking die.

You need a longer final drive ratio. Almost double. There's no workaround for gearing. This kills the torque. Either that or a transmission with overdrive gears, which probably isn't in the budget if you can even find one that will fit.

You also need a shit fuck ton of aero to prevent yourself from flying away, doing several endos and dying violently. Your tires are also going to overheat, balloon, and generally explode at those speeds. (Y) rated tires are required. Air drag alone at 200 mph is probably double your peak torque even with no aero.

If you really want 200 mph for cheap, buy a used motorcycle.
>>
File: honda-insight-crash-200-mph.jpg (17KB, 770x426px) Image search: [Google]
honda-insight-crash-200-mph.jpg
17KB, 770x426px
>200 mph in a shitbox
That'll be fun, especially without all the safety equipment and a closed environment this Insight was in when it crashed at 190 mph.

Aerodynamics are probably going to be your biggest hurdle. You can throw as much power as you want under that hood, those last 20 mph or so are going to be a bitch.
>>
>>17604634
Fpbp
>>
>>17604634
this

either that or sell ae86 and buy an e60 m5 and delete the speed limiter
>>
>>17604666
Don't forget brakes!

Using brakes from the 80's at 200 mph is like pissing on a mains transformer. Something's going to happen and it's not going to be good. You'll either:
>boil your brake fluid and lose all braking power
>overheat your tiny pads, shatter them, and lose all braking power
>overheat and warp your rotors, resulting in fatal drive train vibration
>break traction, resulting in fatal loss of drive train control (this is very likely)

A minimum level brake system rebuild would cost more than the car.
>>
>>17604669
WHY IS THIS NOT A GIF
>>
>>17604695
Because I pulled the first image off of Google

https://youtu.be/hbNlR-fMlOw
>>
>>17604626
Is this a tube chassis project going on in a rental unit with a $40 tool set? You get a nice for that.
>>
>>17604695
https://youtu.be/hbNlR-fMlOw

Pay attention to the part where it rolled 15 times for basically no reason.
>>
File: milen-chutes-out-adrl.jpg (21KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
milen-chutes-out-adrl.jpg
21KB, 350x232px
>>17604691
This + a parachute would be ideal.

Don't forget you'll also need Y speed rated tires (186+), which may not come in a suitable size for an AE86 to not cause aerodynamic problems and will most likely cost more than the car is worth for a set. Any top speed event will require at bare minimum: a 4 point roll cage, fire extinguisher, fire suit, shoes, and gloves, race helmet, and a 5 point harness.
>>
rent a ferrari for the day?
>>
File: IMG_1396.jpg (16KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1396.jpg
16KB, 250x231px
Buy an airline ticket.
>>
>thinly veiled "how do i kill myself" thread
Don't do it OP, you have so much to live for. Just hit the touge and have fun.
If you're adamant about this, please arrange for the wreck to be shipped to Italy, thank you.
>>
>>17604780
Do they not monitor the speed of high end rentals by gps or something?
>>17604626
1. Get home loan
2. Buy Hellcat
3. ???
>>
>>17604780
>>17604849
Didn't know those things came with a tow hitch
>>
have your death filmed horizontally
>>
>>17604626
You need this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0uxjtg6yQ
+a gearbox and final drive that will allow you to get to 200mph without hitting the rev cut. Vid related will hit ~160mph, wouldn't be terribly difficult to push it to the 200mph mark.

You will probably die though.
>>
>>17605384
Do this.
>>17604626
You should also make a ripoff superbird nose and wing.
>>
Sell it buy a c5 z06 put a gt wing big front lip new tires 200mph everyday
>>
>>17605384
>Vid related will hit ~160mph, wouldn't be terribly difficult to push it to the 200mph mark.
200mph is leagues ahead of 160mph
>>
>>17605384

Poor tachometer.
>>
by a c5 or c6
lsx swap
get it to at least 900bhp NA however you want then put on a big turbo or two
get yourself a widebody kit too (or shorter axles if you can work it out properly) for some wider tires
big brakes to stop, dont neglect your transmission
>>
Put it on rails and weld a solid rocket motor to the back of it.
>>
>>17604705
>:
Don't forget the driver walked away with minor injuries.

If you want to live, buy Japanese.
>>
>>17607494
>if you want to live, put a full cage and harnesses in your car

ftfy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.