[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVO VS WRX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: download (5).jpg (10KB, 286x175px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
10KB, 286x175px
First things first, I live in Colorado so I want a kickass AWD turbocharged beast that will tear mountain roads to shreds. After doing a bit of homework, I have come to two obvious choices: the Mitsubishi EVO and the Subaru WRX STI

Now I can state at specs all day, but I want to hear from people who have driven one (or both) and can give insightful opinions on which one is the better buy.
Obviously, on a track the EVO has a definite edge. It is l, however more expensive. I am leaning toward the STI unless someone can tell me why the EVO is worth the extra cash.

I would also like any recommendations for other cars I may have overlooked. (Like the Focus RS)
>>
Throw Golf R in as well.

Test drive them and see what one you like best.
You'll only get fanboi answers on here.

T: STi owner
>>
>>17604583
I would throw the Golf in as well but I'm pretty upset at the fact that they designed software to trick emissions tests in their diesel engines. I don't want to support a company culture that promotes fraud. That being said, I have seen amazing things about the Golf R, and I would definitely consider it under different circumstances.

How do you like your STI? Have you ever taken it offroading?

I'm on 4chan because I live in a tiny town and I don't have the luxury of going to a bunch of different dealers.
>>
>>17604527
OK, how's this:

The WRX is impreza based. Now, subaru by and large knows what they're doing when it comes to cars, and the impreza is no exception. It's average to above average in regards to comfy, material quality, engineering, etc. So the performance version is still a nice and comfy usable DD.

The base lancer however, is a piece of shit. It has shitty plastic, shitty reliability, shitty design, all a result of japanese corporate cost-cutting. The performance version retains the shit, and as such it's much less of a good all-around DD and more of a track weapon.

For a DD, the STI is much better.
>>
>>17604644
Thanks anon, this is exactly the sort of insight I was looking for. I'll take all this into consideration.
>>
>>17604694
first and foremost, I say this as someone whose first car was a Mitsu.

Mitsubishi, in this decade, is absolute shit. Eclipse is a crossover, everything else is garbage, their best seller is a Kei car marketed to metrosexual male hairdressers...

If you're buying new, then hands down go with the Subie.

However, if you go back, say to pre 2008~ or so on the model year, the Mitsu is still very competitive. In fact, as you go further back, I would favor the EVO over the WRX. Back to Mitsu's glory days....

Anon, you're making me sad. Go buy an EVO now and protect its smile for me
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (457KB, 3000x1995px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
457KB, 3000x1995px
>>17604527
Legacy GT for a DD.
>>
The Mitsubishi is slightly less of a normie car than the Subaru
>>
>>17604802
I'd honestly rather buy something that I don't have to work on too much/doesn't have a shitload of crappy aftermarket parts. I'm probably going to buy a used car, but no older than 2012. Based on what you anons are saying so far, I should go for a subie.

>>17604812
Why a legacy GT over the STI or even the regular supercharged WRX?
>>
>>17604583
>T: STi owner
Fucking newfag
>>
>>17604942
>regular supercharged WRX
Nigga what?
>>
>>17604942
The GT or spec B is basically an STI, lacks the same differentials and a little power, but it is more low key, different, and imo more aesthetically pleasing. (Not the same guy) It still has LSD on the rear, and you can make up the power quite easy
>>
>>17604889
Evo 1-6 yes
Evo 7-10 no
>>
I would buy an Evo if I wanted to track more than I do now. But, I do a lot of mountain driving and tracking and the sti really made sense to me which is why I bought an 07.
>>
>>17604963
The WRX has a supercharger, and is less powerful than the turbocharged STI. What's hard to understand here?
>>
>>17605069
What's hard to understand is where you get your information from.
>>
>>17605081
From my flawed brain, no idea what I was talking about
>>
>>17605160
All good mate
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.