[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to remove fuel from fuel rail? specifically on an m50 BMW.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: jHBzJiK.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
jHBzJiK.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
how to remove fuel from fuel rail? specifically on an m50 BMW.

I have literally blown up a car doing this(also an m50 bmw...) see pic I spilled gas in the engine bay and when I turned it on a week later pic related happened. the replacement I bought also has an m50 engine, and I have to replace the head on it. how much fuel can I spill in the alternater area before this one blows up too? obviously I'm going to spray it out with water first - which I didn't learn last time. but I'm still scared to do it. should I buy a pump? can I safely vacuum gasoline with a shop vac? So make the shop vac a straw then hook it up to the gas line (I've done this with my brake line but obvi never gasoline. friend thinks really bad idea. he helped me with pic related)
>>
How much gas exactly did you spill that it hadn't evaporated a week later?
>>
jesus. take it to a shop desu.

Pull something down-stream somewhere. Don't spray your alternator or anything that gets hot with fuel. If you do, clean that shit up. Throw rags and shit down underneath it before you pull it.

Pull injectors with rail so it doesn't spray everywhere until your ready, then pull one injector and let the fuel flow into a container.

Remove the fuel hose off the end of the rail and have a container ready.

don't work on cars.
>>
>Turn on car
>pull fuel pump relay
>car runs until lines are empty
>???
>profit
>>
>>17604287
I removed the throttle body already and it won't even try to turn over
>>
>>17604190
not that much I thought. I also didn't have an exhaust on it past the headers...
>>
Use a straw.
>>
>>17604287
>Remove fuel pump relay.
>Start engine.
>Engine keeps running.
>3 minutes later, and it's still running.

what the fuck
>>
>>17604363
Putting the throttle body on an m50 is fucking easy and doing it the way anons have described means you won't blow another car up.
Don't be lazy anon
>>
>>17604180
isnt this the exact purpose of a vacuum pump
>>
Take injectors out, filter off, air line at filter connector, blow out.
>>
>>17604419

I did this and I haven't bought gas in years
>>
>>17604180
There's a pressure relief valve on the front of the rail, looks like a tire valve stem. On the back of the rail there are two hoses, both held on with hose clamps.
>>
>>17604419
>gas companies hate this one crazy trick discovered by a single mom
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.