[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heal-Toe Downshift on DCT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: s60-dct-shifter.jpg (48KB, 717x477px) Image search: [Google]
s60-dct-shifter.jpg
48KB, 717x477px
Is it possible to heal-toe downshift in a DCT? Whenever I downshift, the engine brakes hard.
>>
>>17601506
What is the fucking point in heel toe shifting? It just seems like useless weeb shit.
>>
>>17601510
It is braking while rev-matching on the downshift.
>>
>>17601510
>using your clutch to slow you down instead
>>
>>17601510
So you can brake and downshift at the same time without upsetting the cars balance.
>>
LOL enjoy your inferior automatic. Can't heel to toe, can't drop multiple gears instantaneous.
>>
>>17601506
I think what you really want to do is left foot braking OP.
>>
>>17601510
How is it weeb
>>
>>17601510
Autocuck detected.
>>
>>17602194
because the first time he saw it was on ID and thinks its a dramatic flourish rather than a shifting technique.
>>
>>17601506
>>17601510
I guarantee this is a bait thread and the first reply was also OP.
The odds of that being the first reply to a fucking question about heel-toeing with a DCT is ridiculous.
>>
>>17601510

Most DCT transmissions made in the last 7 years preform some type of rev-matching on downshifts so you don't need to heal toe since the compute does it for you automatically. Also most new cars with drive by wire won't let you press the gas and brake at the same time. You can thank toyota for that bit of code after all their problems with unattended acceleration. The designers decided after that if the brake and throttle were pressed at the same time the brake should take priority and the throttle shouldn't respond.
>>
What even is heel toeing? Doesn't seem like theres a purpose if you can just shift normally
>>
>>17604573
It's literally braking while downshifting without burning your clutch. Downhills and stops mostly.
>>
>>17604573
so when you downshift, you want to rev match, to line up your synchros from current gear to lower gear.

However, when you downshift approaching say, a stop light, you will want to do above while breaking, thus, heel toe.

Really it's unnecessary if you're not a midnight tofu driver, just brake ahead of time and engine brake and coast into the stop.
>>
>>17601506
Apply slight throttle when downshifting
>>
>>17602945
Noticed this on my sister's new Camry. You can pretty much leave your right foot on the gas at 1/2 throttle and use your left foot to coast/brake.
The part that scares me is that you can't blip the throttle before releasing the brake, so it makes steep hill-starts stressful because that POS rolls backwards even though it's an auto.
>>
>>17605090
I've driven my dad's 2010 auto camry and I've never had it roll back on hills. Is this a recent thing they started doing?
>>
File: Hume_White_Mage.png (142KB, 348x365px) Image search: [Google]
Hume_White_Mage.png
142KB, 348x365px
Cast CUR2 (cura) on the transmission while braking with your toes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.