[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mod recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170715_134148.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_134148.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Got this car a week ago and it's the first car I have genuinely fell in love with. Any first mods to start off with? Im already getting new tires within a month so anything besides that. Thanks
>>
>>17598642
Sorry dont know why the picture uploaded sideways
>>
>>17598642
Step1
Take the ricediamonds off it
>>
>>17598642
mod 1: sell it
Mod 2: buy something actually reliable.
>>
>>17598642
Is it the turbo option?
>>
>>17598704
>Update
unfortunately its not the vr4
>>
do every piece on maintenance that is reccomended for the 60 and 120k
more than likely none was done.
the 6g72 is known for spinning bearings so have fun with that. they can make good power
>>17598709
for reliability swap in a 6g74 or 75. go aus or jdm 6g74 if you do that. cheap, drop in. runs on your harness and ecu. will have a decent whp gain, the aus/jdm one is higher compression.
the 6g75 is a gen 4 eclipse motor. it'll be more work but is dropin for a 3rd gen eclipse like the 3.5 is for the 3000gt and 3rd gen. but the 3.8 is all electronically controlled. you'll probably have to use the 6sp that they come with. might get to keep your axles.
check the caps on your ecu to make sure they aren't leaking. fix it before it causes a problem.
>>
>>17598709
and please if you swap in a vr4 6sp don't weld the vcu if it's not broken. go on the forums and trade the good vcu for a busted one and get cash with it. it's the center diff and they break easy. they are exspensive and annoying to get and you don't need a working one to weld it for fwd use
>>
>>17598642
Brakes
Suspension
Struts and sway bars
Headers and exhaust
>>
>>17598642
Is it turbo?
>>
>>17598875
no its the base model
>>
>>17598642
Why the FUCK would you buy a non turbo 3kGT to mod???? Should have got VR4! Also, many idiots ITT that tink the SL is unreliable lmao so hard
>>
>>17600490
Because the vr4 in good condition is pretty rare to find at a reasonable price. I snatched this car for $3,000 from some old guy who babied it. I was looking for vr4's but they cost $10,000 and up.
>>
>>17600540
How many miles, auto or manual?
>>
>>17600546
About 110,000 miles and of course its manual
>>
>>17600556
Keep it stock and daily drive it, save up for another shitbox to mod up and fix up. Did you get it inspected, did old man have service records?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.