[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cars easy to work on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ford-focus-1.8-zetec-2004.2.jpg (101KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ford-focus-1.8-zetec-2004.2.jpg
101KB, 1200x800px
Which cars are the easiest, or at least more straight forward to fix / maintain?

I've got pic related, Mk1 Ford Focus with a TDDi, and although it's tough when you've to do something it's just a pain to work on. Plus it's a faily uncommon car (vs. the more popular TDCI sister) and searching for how to or guides is hard.
>>
File: 1422446.jpg (353KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1422446.jpg
353KB, 1600x1200px
>>17594958
Sohc NA subaru, everything is right on top and there's a guide for literally everything on forums
>>
Any pre-1992 car.
>>
>>17594967
>Subaru not needing pita head gaskets
>>
>>17594976
That's only the 2.5 which was dohc, and the ej251 that was sohc was shit so I wouldn't buy one of those anyway.

2.2s have the same headgasket failure rate as any other car, obviously some will fail, especially those that don't ever have the coolant changed, but nowhere near 100% like the 1995-04 2.5L.
>>
>>17594958

Isn`t the TDDi the older, more reliable engine though? It shouldn`t be THAT complicated. Perhaps a petrol Focus would be simpler, or perhaps something with a semi-independent rear suspension, like an Astra, or old Golf.
>>
>>17595017
Yes, it's very agricoltural and surprisingly fuel efficient, however it isn't the most straightforward engine to work on.

For example to reach the timing belt you have to rip half of the car apart. Without considering the challenge to find information about it.
>>
>>17594958
1st gen mustangs. 65-66 with the 289 for maximum ease.
>>
>>17594958
88-00 honda civics and 90-01 acura integras
>>
>>17594969
Have you ever seen the engine bay of 300zx?
>>
>>17594958
Unless you want to recharge the A/C.
>>
pre 1990 mercedes/bmw (excepting their largest/most electronic cars) and volvo

pre ~2005 volkswagen
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 962x722px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 962x722px
>>17594958
Cherokee XJ is probably the easiest I can think of that isn't a bajillion years old. Everything is easily visible and easy to get to. Pretty solid SUV overall and has the best internet community out of any other car.
>>
File: d series.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
d series.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>17594958
Any Honda with a D series engine
>>
>>17594958
Just pick a widely adopted econo-shitbox by a large manufacturer.

I learned to work on cars with a MK4 jetta with a 1.8t engine. Even if shit gets weird there's heavy documentation towards that weirdness. Someone has made a forum post with pictures and bitching outlining the job and its quirks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.