[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start when buying a truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I want a truck, but looking for one on CL is a huge fucking mess, prices/mileages/conditions are everywhere and all over the place, and it's a LOT harder to narrow things down compared to looking at Miatas/other shitboxes.

Any advice on where to start? Price limit is set to $10k but I don't want to spend more than $7k. I know I would like ext. cab longbed if possible, but is there some secret to finding good trucks or is it just a nightmare?
>>
>>17593480
All the good deals will go fast and the ones left will be bs. Be patient and you'll find something good, don't settle for mods, lifts, rust. Go for something kind of older like a 99 Silverado/Sierra.
>>
>>17593540

Cool, thanks anon. I'm in Texas so there is a fucking huge abundance of trucks, and by extension a minimal chance of rust being an issue. There's just so damn many that it's hard to keep up with what's what, and even old trucks (90s and early 2000s) seem to command rather high asking prices.

I'll probably buy American since Japanese trucks go for absolutely retarded prices. Tundras with 250k miles have been known to fetch $10k or more... maybe they are THAT reliable but it's hard to trust.
>>
>>17593621
I would go american. My dad's construction company has/had work trucks and they routinely last 250k miles. Some have had more problems than others.
I would go with the biggest engine you can get in the model you want. Ussually v6's in trucks are pigs unless they are some newfangle turbo variant.
>>
I use real broad search terms (Dodge and 4wd in the filter) and just sift through the shit. Pay attention to the titles and see what most call their trucks. Some call them truck, others pickup or pick-up or only say Dodge 1500 with no truck or pick-up terms at all. Really annoying.
>>
>>17593621
>I'll probably buy American since Japanese trucks go for absolutely retarded prices.
Because American cars and trucks fall apart right after the warranty period of the item is over.
My Toyota has it's original alternator and transmission after 20 years and 250k miles. Try finding a GM with both of their originals after that time and mileage.
>>
>>17593480
What do you need a truck for?
>>
>>17593714
>Need

This is America son
>>
>>17593705

Cool meme, but I don't believe that the difference in reliability is great enough to justify the huge difference in price.

I'd rather have access to a bigger, cheaper aftermarket and less expensive parts, which is what you get when you buy an American truck in America.
>>
>>17593718
The more you pay upfront the less money and time you spend fixing shitty underengineered parts down the road. The reason the parts cost more is there is much less demand for the parts as they break less often.
>>
>>17593716
I'm assuming he meant what does he plan on using the truck for as that would help narrow down his choices
>>
>>17593480
>Van de Trabajo

Spicy.
>>
>>17593714

I'm tired of trying to make a WRX wagon do "truck" things as often as I've been doing them. From carrying lumber/plywood/etc home from the hardware store, to hauling furniture/appliances/etc, to carrying dirt/sand/yard shit. I'm done trying to fit square pieces into a round hole and it actually makes sense for me to own a truck at this point. I can count 6 times in the last month when I've had to sketchily rig my WRX to do stuff it's just not meant to, and it'll continue into the foreseeable future like this.

There's my justification for wanting a cuckmachine. Happy?
>>
>>17593746
Doesn't sound too heavy. Get a 2.3 duratec Ranger.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.