[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much Horse Power is enough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 195niicv74qlyjpg.jpg (22KB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
195niicv74qlyjpg.jpg
22KB, 320x230px
In the market for a new car? How much Horse Power do I need?
>>
at least 2 horses
>>
>>17586779
Forreal tho
>>
>>17586775

For city driving even as low as 40 bhp is enough power to get you around since you won't be really doing over 50km/h or the police will come beat and fine your ass.

For 100km/h driving you need about 60-70 bhp, and for 130 km/h cruising on the highway you need around 100 bhp.

Everything above these numbers is marketing bullshit.
>>
>>17586775
Anything with over 100 horsepower should be illegal. There's no need for high horsepower cars on public roads. They are a danger to my safety and the safety of my wife's son.
>>
power/weight-ratio is more important than absolute power. I have a golf 3 as a weekend driver. It weights 1100kg and originally had 75hp from a 1.6 na, but it could reach 160km/h while getting 14 to 15 km/l when cruising on highways going 100-130.
I had to drive a 2016 polo weighing also 1100kg with a 1.0 supercharged making 75hp for my work. The power of new cars is bogus, if you floored it for a bit, it would overheat and tune down itself. Getting onto the highway overheated it, driving 130 for a bit overheated it. Effective top speed was 110km/h, that was all it could do while overheated.
The old golf didn't overheat even if you drive 150km/h for a long time.
That said, the golf now has an golf 4 engine that's 1.8l turbo and makes 179hp. It drives a lot easier now
>>
>>17586838
Forgot to say, that the polo went down to 12km/l on the highway.
All in all, with same power/weight ratio old car > new car
>>
>>17586779
This is the truth
>>
File: Horsepower.jpg (56KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
Horsepower.jpg
56KB, 500x467px
>>17586775
>>
>>17586775
Depends on the weight of the car desu
>>
>>17586838
>>17586857
Jesus all those numbers in incomprehensible yuro units. I don't come here to have to do math
>>
>>17586775
Power to weight ratio more important. 1:20 is a decent ratio but won't give you performance. It'll get you from A to B. Anything below 1:10 is either a muscle car or sports car. Anything in between is sporty to varying degrees (I'm looking at you, Miata with a ratio of 1:14)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.