[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 72GMCTruck.jpg (72KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
72GMCTruck.jpg
72KB, 832x468px
So I've never been a big car person, as a kid I wasn't ever the kid who was into sports cars or whatever, I'm still not. I have also always hated trucks due to the culture that surrounded them where I live (Texas), but I saw one of these parked by where I live and I was wondering what you guys thought of these? Are they ridiculous? I kinda like how they look, and I don't visit this board too much, so I don't know if I would be ridiculed for having one of these. What's your opinion?
>>
Does it have direct injection?
>>
Not enough sidewall
>>
Does it have direct injection?
>>
>>17583257
I wouldn't know how to find the answer to your question
>>17583298
I guess this is a meme?

>>17583285
I trust your opinion

I'm mostly car-illiterate, I'm not very familiar with the technical side of vehicles, nor do I understand what makes one an appealing model.
>>
>>17583235
Special find, the last of these were rolling around in the 90s. Never see them anymore.
>>
>>17583235

You wouldn't be ridiculed but people might think you are a cholo or an arrogrant rich landowner

I like these small truck in stock form, but those wheels look shit and there is indeed not enough sidewall (the black band of tyre you can see when you look at the wheel, it should be a higher 'profile', i.e. more rubber to make the ride less harsh).

With a truck this old, you would need to do regular but simple maintenance to keep it happy, like fluid levels, filter checks and checking the points if it has a carburetor. Watch for rust too, but that won't be a huge problem in TX I imagine
>>
>>17583894
This guy is spot on. Those rims do indeed loom like shit
>>
The painted grill looks gross.
>>
>>17583235
I think it depends. Does it have direct injection?
>>
>>17583235
That's a nice truck, I can respect a classic. My first truck was a 1962 f100 with a 352ci v8, so I've always had a soft spot
>>
>>17583894
>>17583908
>points and carb are automatically together
no

If it does have points ignition, replace that shit with electronic ignition and don't worry about it. The vast majority of them running today have been retrofitted.
It'll need a bunch of simple maintenance at the beginning and then be more reliable than any modern car made thereafter.
>>
File: ST-1108-CPP-LEAD-1-475x316.jpg (44KB, 475x316px) Image search: [Google]
ST-1108-CPP-LEAD-1-475x316.jpg
44KB, 475x316px
>>
File: Truck.jpg (344KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
Truck.jpg
344KB, 800x535px
It depends what you like. I think a truck should have proportions like this when talking about older trucks. Everyone has their own taste
>>
>>17585804

I've never struggled with points ignition and carbs, they were built together for years and intended to work together for daily use, if you do buy one with electric ignition happy days but if it doesn't then they should be checked together

>be more reliable than a modern car

only in the sense that there is less to go wrong, and it will probably be easier and simpler to repair.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.