[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How big a POS is titan xd w/ cummins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cumming.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cumming.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
About to buy one, how much of a shit move is it? Gonna be pulling around <10k on the bumper.
>>
Just get an f450
>>
10k on the bumper? You mean a bumper hitch? Im no expert but pretty sure you need a frame attached hitch for anything over a few hundred lbs
>>
>>17580629
k. But what if my bank account does not have 70k in it?
>>
From what I've heard the fuel economy has been pretty disappointing. The Cummins V8 diesel has been a long time anticipated but have not heard much about it since launch. But it's hard to tell if that's because the engine is bad or the hull of scrap metal it was placed in.
>>
>>17580581

There is literally zero reason to buy a Tundra over the RAM 1500 or F-150. The 5.0, Hemi, AND Ecodiesel all outperform the shit out of the XD. They're better quality, cheaper, more reliable, more power, more towing capacity, better handling while hauling and towing, and have much more user friendliness.

Don't be a fucking retard. If you just want a work truck, get an F-150. If you insist on a diesel half ton, get the fucking Ecodiesel. It's better.
>>
>>17580689
>Aluminum truck
or
>V6 Fiat diesel

No
>>
>>17580696

>hurr, muh memes

Grow the fuck up and look up real statistics. Right now, RAM and Ford have the top rated trucks on the market in every conceivable metric. Suggesting someone buy an inferior product is nothing but fanboyism.

The Silverado is shit, the Sierra is shit, the Tundra is shit, and the Titan is shit.

Even the fucking Italian diesel performs like gangbusters and has since it showed up to market here in the states. The trucks sell like hotcakes because they make the XD's Cummins look like hot garbage.
>>
>>17580689
>There is literally zero reason to buy a Tundra
Talking about a Titan.
>fucking Ecodiesel
Thought about it but payload is lower and towing capacity is like 3k less. Plus they are getting fucked by the EPA and can't even sell 2017s.
>>
>>17580744

Same difference. Both trash.

Also, the information you're looking up is fucking wrong. Ecodiesel Rams are going to market for 2017. The changes necessary to emissions standards literally came out about a week after the EPA debacle.

Also, while the XD may have the extra ratings for towing, they handle like dogshit with a large trailer behind them from all accounts I've seen. Apparently, trying to pull four times the weight of a truck with a pitifully thin frame, undersized turn radius, and grap brake response in comparison to the competition really hampers the experience.

Furthermore, if you really have the need to drag a 14k trailer, why the fuck are you looking at half tons? You can literally buy a RAM 2500 with a real boy Cummins for a comparable price.
>>
File: IMG_20170518_2020303.jpg (2MB, 3672x4896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170518_2020303.jpg
2MB, 3672x4896px
They are all good and I think it really comes down to asethetics and preferences.

>Titan
Personally I find it ugly, this is my only complaint. I find it ugly for the same reason I find the new super duty ugly
>Ram
No dealership near me for warranty issues
>GM
The one I test drove did not idle forward when I removed foot from brake
>Toyota
Dont like the styling
>Ferd
Came from a 13 and I was really interested in a 16 cause muh aluminum.

I like the alum because my area is wet wet wet and my neighbors brand new cars have rust holes forming after three years. The alum seems to have an issue holding to the paint and is chipping, if it gets too bad wonder if I can do polished aluminum for ultimate gay.

Just drove from oregon to seattle and got 22mpg average driving 70 whole way. Stopping and going averages 14.5.

150 2wd supercab longbed. Only modifications are grillguard, canopy, and floor mats.
>>
>>17580707
Majority of buyers do not use trucks as trucks. Aluminum is a major issue in using it as a truck and it's well documented how easy they get damaged. The Hemi produces the same amount of torque as the V6 diesel with a lot more horsepower. I just don't really see the point of the EcoDiesel. It became an option because Fiat already had this engine laying around.

You can't really shit on Cummins. The Titan XD is just a retarded truck for most. It's too heavy duty for mall crawlers yet not heavy duty enough for a 3/4 ton rating.
>>
Don't get the Ecodiesel whatever you do. The Cummins V8 and the Ecodiesel are built for entirely different purposes. The Ecodiesel is meant for fuel economy, and the Cummins is meant for hard-ish work. I wouldn't get the XD though just because I've heard its underpowered and the fuel economy is crap.
>>
>>17580775
Half tons (Ford and Chevy) have a legal towing capacity of 12k nowadays with max tow. If you only need to tow a 14k trailer a couple times a year, the half ton can do it. It will struggle, but it can do it.
>>
Look up Car and Driver's long term review of the XD. I recall that they had a lot of issues with theirs that even the dealer couldn't really fix. Just something to keep in mind.
>>
>>17581422
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-nissan-titan-xd-long-term-test-review
>>
>>17580581
Never get a diesel unless your truck makes you money. They cost more to service and the mpg isn't going to cover it.

Get a 6.2 chevy/gmc.
>>
>>17581586

Don't listen to this faggot. A 6.2 in a GM platform is just as expensive as a 392 in a RAM 2500.

GM is literally bottom rung with Nissan right now and the Tundra is slightly higher quality.
>>
>>17580581
I thought about the Titan OP. It's WAY too expensive for what it is. I went with the Ram 1500 instead. Interior was nicer on the fully loaded Texas Edition. The ride was about the same. But overall the Dodge does more and can be had for less. I liked the last titan, but the new one is too ugly, too slow, too weak, and too expensive when equipped.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.