[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (87KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 600x450px
Good for a first car?
>>
>>17576345

Not really. The 2.9l in that generation cracked heads a lot. Rusted quickly, and tipped over easily. If it's 4x4, then wheel it and don't get too attached. I would recommend an early 90s Explorer as a much better alternative (if you can find one - C4C killed a huge number of them).
>>
>>17576367
Quit spouting everything you read on Google as if it's going to happen to every production 2.9.

Yes, numerous cases of the heads cracking have been reported. In fact, googling problems with the 2.9 you'll see it's at the top of the list.

It'd make a great first car, assuming he isn't going to drive it like he stole it. Assuming he'll make sure it doesn't over heat, ever.

And being that it's going to be his first car, there's a good chance he'll kill it before the engine goes.
>>
>>17576345
not too bad, just a 1st gen ranger with a stubby bed and a roof. If it's still running 20+ years later
>The 2.9l in that generation cracked heads a lot
probably isn't an issue. I don't know if any came with the 2.3 but If it did I would go with that, I had a 1st gen 2.9 efi ranger. All the power of a 4cyl with the economy of a v6.
>>
>>17577075
>All the power of a 4cyl with the economy of a v6
lol
>>
>>17576345
That has to be at least 30 years old by now? Not something I'd take to college 300 miles away. Puttering around town? Maybe. You will be working on it.
>>
>>17576345
Sure is, I'm driving one as a matter of fact. I dream that Alphonse is sitting in the passenger seat when I drive it. As a matter of fact, I named my Bronco after him.
>>
>>17576345
I would rather a 2-door XJ with the I6.
>>
I love mine but the gas economy is making me doubt it.
>>
>>17576480

I had one. Had a small coolant leak, thought it was head gasket, turned out to be a head. Replacement was fine for rest of ownership. It happens. The 4.0 of later years was better was all I was saying.
>>
>>17577233
You speak my language friendo, it's that or something similar basically. 2 door XJs are hard to find reasonably priced though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.