[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mazda tuning/upgrades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Hey /o/ newfag here posting,
>inb4 go buy a REAL car and kys
I just bought this car several months ago amd I love the ride, but I want to do more with it. Im a near wage slave so budget is tight. I plan on throwing on a magna exhaust and cold air intake, is it worth it to tune my 2L sky-active engine/do anything more?
>dont wanna rice
>dont wanna draw that much attention
>>
Here's the thing. You're gonna get fuck-all from those mods, but you'll still have spent a lot of money and still have an econobox, it'll just be devalued now. You have a fantastic daily driver with a new hatchback, I'd save up for a <3500 dollar fun car from the sticky.
>>
>>17575247
It's not worth doing those mods unless you want sound, they are not performance mods for these vehicles. You are best off spending your money getting tuned by OrangeVirus, he is the best for skyactiv engines. He made a little unit so that you can flash tunes for 87, 91 and 93 to make more power. He usually gets another 30hp out of the 2Ls which is great. Also cold air intakes are garbage, I hate them so much, SRI (short ram intake) is much better, but honestly the stock box with a K/N filter or AEM (aem is better because you don't need to re oil it after washing it).

If it was a gen2 i'd say get a MS3 exhaust but it's a gen 3 so i'd put in a racing beat exhaust desu, it sounds stock until 3k+ where its a bit louder which is the best for non ricey exhausts.

If you wanted performance out of these cars you should have bought a gen 1 or 2 MS3.

Ask me any question about these cars I have researched a lot and tried it all.
>>
>>17575278
Thanks anon for the reply and pardon me if im a little blunt on this. Anyway when i bought this car it wasnt for performance so that eliminates the last part.
But let me clarify my intentions with this car
>I want to squeeze as much hp out of this car without brankrupt this poorfag
>not looking for topnotch performance parts, yet im not going to purchase some china tier part for "muh rice"
Also thanks for the advice on the SRI and AEM I'll research more into it when i get home.
Also if it sounds like im not giving a full detail response. Its because im pre-occupied atm
>>
>>17575341
If you want to squeeze hp out of it go talk to orange virus, he will give you the best advice on what to purchase, either the flash tuner unit or he might cuatom tune your car to your driving standards and make sure it wont ever lean out etc. There are lota of threads showing dyno graphs of people making same or more power as the 2.5L variant and better throttle response etc. But yea magna flow exhaust isnt too bad either but I didnt want noise. I have a 2.5 stock box with aem filter and racing beat exhaust with ov tune ans i make over 200rwhp. I also tuned it for 93 which is available in my area
>>
File: 1500028969445.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1500028969445.png
281KB, 371x532px
>>17575385
Oh shit anon thanks the advice anon, i look up the racingbeat exhaust when i get a better grip on wifi, im running low on data in this foreign country. I'll probably run the 87 tune considering how shit gas prices have been in my area and the fact im a poorfag. Ill probably start rolling some goodies for my car once im stable.
>>
>>17575268
Best advice. Leave that car stock and it'll last forever and hold value. If your gonna drive an econobox, own it.
>>
LOOOOOOL
>>
https://www.versatuner.com/

no ecu required
>>
>>17575498
I would rather have bigcockloverxxx.com in my browser history than that garbage.
>>
File: drooling pepe.jpg (145KB, 1920x1541px) Image search: [Google]
drooling pepe.jpg
145KB, 1920x1541px
>>17575247
30k mile '16 Mazda6 owner checking in. I drove the Mazda 3 as a rental for a time too.

If budget is tight, tf you doing with a near brand new car?

Aside from that, if budget is tight, don't waste time on mods that'll do nothing.

Aside from that and that, you're slow and you'll always be slow. The magnaflow exhaust is raspy and sounds like trash. Any intake you put on this car is only going to hurt power or economy, as the stock intake is expertly designed (who would've thought). Yes, you could go to OVT and get it tuned. Have fun tossing away $600 and increasing your gas costs to really make use of it.

You bought a shit tier econobox, now own it.
>>
>>17576347
I Was never really pushing it to the max, i was just wonder what small little stuff i could do just to make it more fun in driving around dot work, its just something later down the road
>>
>>17576430
If you want it to be more fun driving to work, invest in a basic aftermarket audio setup. You'll get so much more out of that than you will anything else you could do to this car, at least as far as budget mods go.
>>
New tires, better brakes, coilovers. That's what I did in my Focus. Don't focus that much in power because you ain't getting it, focus more on handling.
>>
>>17576584
This. Wheel and tire setup is the most important part of a car, and will completely change how the car behaves. The difference between an all season and a dedicated summer tire is like night and day
>>
>>17575247
just do a muffler delete, like 50 bucks
>>
>>17575247
>near wage slave

>wants to mod car
lol k enjoy being poor
>>
>>17576638
As if it's just something down the road if i have a little something left over
>>
>>17576638
>tfw make like 11 an hour and have two cars and a bike, all 18+ years old
>all are modded
>>
>>17576678
how much is your rent? health insurance? food? utilities?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.