[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor life choices thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: 4997102eefc26ce87c09fb4edbe.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
4997102eefc26ce87c09fb4edbe.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>drive a 360hp FWD wagon with old Firestone's

What's the least responsible thing you've ever done with a car?
>>
>>17569299
100 in an GX470, fucker weeble wobbled back and forth.
>>
>>17569299
check out mr moneybags here with his 4 brand name tyres:

>be 20yr old poorfag with shit job
>need tyres
>tyres are expensive
>find a place that sells part-worn tyres
>ring them up, "do you have xxx/xx/xx tyres plz"
>da torvarish blyat come tomorrow
>drive down there, guys literally operating out the back of a warehouse thats just a pile of old tyres
>cash only
>get driven to a cash point fully expecting to be robbed, surprisingly i didnt
>pay something like £90 for 4 individually mismatched, part worn, no name tyres including fitting
>car handles like 3 people are trying to seperatly drive it at the same time
>low speed lift off oversteer in the dry
>stopping distances have seperate postcodes
>wet traction is video-game tier
>snow i just walked to work instead, car could not physically get off the slight incline of my parents drive way
>still passes it's MOT because it has enough tread depth
>170bhp feels like 1700bhp
>tfw every journey feels like my last

good times
>>
File: 1496764180714s.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1496764180714s.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>17569373
kek'd audibly. I would try this, but I don't want to JUST my drivetrain.
>>
>>17569373
Yeah 10/10 writing. I frequent /o/ so much I forgot that there's worse things in this world than firestones.
Im an amerifag, but out of all the second world car part peddlers I've encountered, blyats have seemed to be the most trustworthy
>>
File: IMG_2746.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2746.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>17569373
Kek, sounds like this game irl
>>
>>17569373
>be arab
>get rear ended
>need car while waiting for insurance money
>ring up cousins
>they have an old peugeot 106 that runs for 500 bucks
>4 mismatched almost bald tyres
>motor is actually a swap from a crashed gti
>120hp on a fwd car that weighs less than a ton
>oversteer everywhere
>still drift it anyway because arab
>accidental donuts in the snow

just arab things
it had no horn and a constant CEL for a year
>>
Love my ms3. Waiting to buy big turbo and all parts to make 400 on stock motor then build a forged one to try and make 500 on med boost
>>
File: 1499555151118.png (67KB, 181x201px) Image search: [Google]
1499555151118.png
67KB, 181x201px
>>17569373
>stopping distances have separate postcodes
Thanks for the laugh, amazing post.
>>
>>17569475
Its crazy how ignored ms3 are. I love it cause the prices to everything are cheapish comparably.
>>
>>17569299

>dad kindly drives me an hour away to buy a used Miata on craigslist
>raining heavily
>Arrive and buy the Miata
>Back tires are camber-worn to the cords because it's lower than stock
>Follow close behind dad to interstate on-ramp
>Miata just slides up the ramp sideways
>Dad visibly laughing in his car just ahead
>He calls me right away
>"AHAHAHAHAHA Good luck son!"
>He takes off and goes 80 the whole way home
>I have to crawl along at 50MPH because the Miata hydroplanes on even slight surface water

It's what I imagine an LS swapped Miata feels like to drive normally.
>>
I'm driving with a dead engine mount so every time you lift off the throttle it's like giving it a clutch kick
and when you go WOT, something in the tranny slips out of place and you have no power for half a second
>>
>>17569487
>swapping a truck engine in a miat
why
>>
>>17569483
Yea they are pretty cheap ans can make serious power. It's just let down by fwd
>>
>>17569524
Yeah I understand the FWD hate just makes me feel better about DDing mine.
>>
>>17569531
Yea they are a supurb daily. People have get then up to have progressive boost to gwt rid of torque steer etc. Ill still modify mine no matter what. I love it and i sont think i would ever sell it.
>>
>>17569592
Yeah I bought mine at a steal just to flip it but fell in love, Im not selling it till it dies. Minea crazy bulletproof too, at 147k miles with the original clutch. Still haven't had to rebuild or had any chain issues. I dont mind the torque steer, makes me feel like an ironic dipshit. It tells the world "hey, I don't vape, but im still capable of Geneva convention breaking levels of doucheness"
>>
>>17569607
Yea lol i bought mine extreme cheap with 20k miles on it which was why i bought it. Idk why more people dont have them. People keep moving onto the focus st which is ridiculous. Yea lol thats why i steered away from wrx's because of vape stain stigma. I'll probably rebuild mine wih the new cx9 engine or wait for mazda to build a high performance 4banger again since the engine in our car isn't as advanced as the newer skyctiv motors etc
>>
>>17569299
I drive for a living, mid-tier luxury barge. Recently started running a little hot, info center says "engine oil level low"

It's almost definitely the oil pump.

>call for estimates
>ranges from $1900-$2400
>the part costs $240 wtf
>google "lexus diy oil pump replace"
>videos about diy water pump
>videos about diy fuel pump
>videos about everything but oil pump
>say fuck it, add a quart of synthetic within 3 days of the warning coming on

I've been doing this for over a year
>>
>>17569299
I once drove a car which had a broken rear shock absorber 220kph or 138mph in a heavy rain.
>>
>>17569299
>What's the least responsible thing you've ever done with a car?
I don't know about cars but when I first got my motorbike licence I almost died in that first year (like really really close to dying) a number of times.
Once was coming into a corner hot on a mount and understeering and standing up the bike into oncoming traffic, fortunately the motorbike on coming managed to avoid me.

Second real close call came into a large round about too fast (roundabout designed for articulate trucks near a depot). Large truck with trailers was coming into the round about and so I stopped (my fault I was going too fast for them to give way like they're required). The truck's trailer pulled a tighter line than the front cab and I could see these giant wheels coming towards me. I rode my bike up onto the roundabout and narrow escaped being crushed.
It wasn't so much a lack of ability that almost killed me but rather a bad attitude.
>>
>>17569627
further to that, I had a 1992 honda prelude which had broken rear wheel steering. The rear wheels were permanantly like 10degrees to one side. I just got my car licence and threw it into a corner and it all wheel drifted sideways almost hit an oncoming car as I went wide.
Fark that car. I had no ability but the car crab walked everywhere.
I think alot of men in their early 20's really have the wrong attitude to be driving.
I can really see how people come unstuck.
>>
>>17569497
...Are you talking about the LS?
>>
>>17569614
Ahh if I get to put a new Mazda engine in mine I'll be the happiest boi. Every time I've gone to check out a Subaru on craigslist they're all beat to shit and not maintained, like literally every red flag from the used car thread.
>>
>>17569621
Lol I've done an embarrassing amount of hope-maintenance to keep old BMWs going. After my last 540 sports barge died I decided to stick to japanime cars.
>>
>>17569643
Hope-and-praytenance*
>>
>>17569640
Yeah lol. And you can always find stock ms3s which is awesome. Mine was stock when i bought it, 2011 celestial blue with 20k miles for 12k and year rego in 2016
>>
>>17569647
That is a steal good for you. I got lucky the bro I bought mine off is a millionaire (literally) Phillipino guy with a mansion in San Diego, he gave me aton of free part he ordered but never got around to installing, and he's connected so I get crazy discounts ordering parts through him. Now that i have the car built up ill take him for rides occasionally when i pick up parts. went to buy a car and I made a friend for life, his kids know my name and shit now too. 10/10 craigslist experience.

I think I break the Mazda code though, whenever I see a base model 3 hatch I always make sure they know they're driving a peasant car.
>>
>>17569657
Yea it was an excellent deal, but you got a better one desu, I would have liked a bro to give me cheap parts, it sounds awesome, my seller was some dweeby kid that their parents bought him the car because he wanted it when he was 16 for college and then when he finished college he said he was going to sell it for an ae86 (lol) so he sold it to me for cheap to buy it because he needed money to buy this 86.

I wave at every ms3 owner I see since they are such a rare site, I like to think that there is a mazda bro out there in a base model or a s 2.5 but I've only met one and he was a cool dude, has a ms3 now which makes sense since he wasn't a total normie automatic base model cuck.
>>
>>17569676
Hate to think about how that initial wannabe kid drove your ms3. Nothing gets my panties knotted faster than angsty teens in a stick shift.

I'm the second owner of mine too,after rich bro, and he babied it just like I do(most of the time). If my clutch still isn't slipping by 160k miles I'm gonna take it to the Mazda stealership and ask if they'll do it for free if I make it to 200k.

Yeah most base model cucks dont even comprehend my disrespect, they just wanted an econobox and happened to get a mazda.
>>
>>17569691
Kek, the base models are great dailys too but they are SO slow, gfs mum has a mazda 3 with the 2L and its so fucking gutless i wanted to kms. I treat mine like a baby since the boost comes on quick and I don't need to mash the throttle like my old N/A 4 bangers i've owned and yea i'm going to be optimistic and say he didn't do anything wrong, its at 32k miles now and it runs strong. I almost guarentee he romped it and treated it wrong but eh, it's getting rebuilt in the next year to make almost 3x the power it came with which will be mind blowing. Yea make mazda replace it lol, stealerships here are good but 2x as expensive for what you'd pay at a decent shop. I still like to do everything myself but i'll get someone else to build my motor so they can fuck it up if they build it wrong and not me.

I'll be running low/med boost tune 99% of the time and when I want to romp on it and smoke some v8s change tune and make them cry back to their mothers.
>>
>>17569705
Lol same the only things I won't do on my car is engine and opening up the trans. I'm in one of the truck-broiest parts of socal and they always take offense my little mazda passing them, its not fun fucking with them though cause theyre never faster than me, especially when the road curves more than 5°
>>
>>17569725
Kek, truck fags always get BTFO'd. Got those people are such whiney fags when they get romped by an import. I want to see my gfs face when I gain 3x the hp and launch it from 3k
>>
>>17569621
Buy a Haynes manual for your car m8. They're like $20 and it will tell you step by step how to do an oil pump.
Even if you can't do it, you spent $20 to find out how and to fix everything else on the car.
>>
>>17569734
I dont tell me gf whenever I Horsepower Get my car, she just knows my car is fast and I never push it while driving her. First time her dad saw my car he said "should have bought a ford, they're faster"
(a whole mfg is faster than my car???) he drives a base fiesta hatch with plastidipped Walmart rims
>>
>>17569748
I love my classic fords but thats it, mordern ford sucks balls. Mazda was the best part of ford. Yea lol she knows my stock ms3 is fast and she'll think im nuts when its done. You should tell your gfs dad to buy a REAL ford lmao, fiesta would have to be the worst.
>>
>>17569753
Lol he means well he knows I'm a car guy so he just tries hard to relate I guess. Yeah i was gonna explain how my car is half ford but decided not to bother. He doesnt know anything mechanically so he'd be fucked if he bought a classic. (I recharges my gf's civic freon when summer started and he freaked out thinking I was gonna hurt the engine(now I do all the maintenance on her out of spite car just to fuck with him))
>>
>>17569643
Kek

Yes I'll be buying slantwagons from now on. Just bought a miata as a fun car too so at least I have a fallback plan when it all goes to shit

>>17569739
Not a bad idea
>>
>>17569763
Top kek, my dads gf has a ss commodore and he thinks v8s can't be beaten, thinks I know nothing about cars etc. I think hes joking around but yeah, I know things lol.
>>
File: 1500068943184.jpg (35KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
1500068943184.jpg
35KB, 604x403px
>>17569799
>slantwagon
>>
>>17569805
>my dads gf has an ss commodore

She sounds like a handsome woman
>>
>driving in 2" of fresh snow with bald chinkshit $45/each all seasons.
Freak snowstorm while I was at work caught the area by surprise. My asshole was puckered enough to turn coal into diamonds. I swapped to my studs that night.
>>
>>17569820
Very manly car (lol)
>>
>>17569829
This is my worst nightmare. Ive never driven in snow but I have this apocolyptic fear of leaving work one day to a few inches of snow outside and either driving home in it or freezing to death. Its literally never snowed where I live but still something I think about all the time when I read peoples stories on here.
>>
Drove a shitty neon with no front brakes and bald tires while I was missing one contact, for about six months.
Drove mustand gt too late into the season. Get 1/4" of snow and can't get out of the shitty hotel parking lot in the morning where I did security at night.
>300ft/lbs too much for hankook
>>
>>17569373
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/6ogah1/o_on_poor_life_choices/
>>
File: Snapchat-983039746.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-983039746.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
I do that right now, the tires aren't too bad but they get worse everytime I see a STI and smoke it.
>>
Managed to get 220 kph downhill in an aygo with it's standard 0 grip econoshit tires. Pants were shat.
>>
File: fucksand.jpg (218KB, 493x912px) Image search: [Google]
fucksand.jpg
218KB, 493x912px
>>17569299
>Small dip
>into Right 3
>immediate Left 4 down
>caution sand inside
>sand outside on exit.
In a miata with more than 4 degrees rear negative camber, no rear sway bar, and all-seasons.
>>
>>17570168
Google even captured my skids.
filename, too- at least not while destroying my revlimiter.
>>
>>1757016
>having rally notes for your shitty suburban hooning

Never change /o/
>>
File: thirdgearwasnotfine.jpg (178KB, 737x739px) Image search: [Google]
thirdgearwasnotfine.jpg
178KB, 737x739px
>>17570214 (You)
FUCK
>>
>>17570220
That filename
>>
>>17569799
Every car guy who isn't a fucking genius and has 49 years experience should have a Haynes or Chilton manual for their car. Many private mechanics have a bookshelf in their workshop with TONS of manuals for cars because it pays itself off as soon as it saves you an hour. And it will save you much more time than an hour.
>>
>>17569373
After reading this... good night /o/ holy shit... hilarious!
>>
I drive my miata with new $75 all-seasons in the front and 20% tread $45 all-seasons in the rear (with 20% more psi of air than the fronts).

I also have a torsen diff and a fat rear sway bar.

I can kick the tail out whenever I want lol, it even swings out if I brake while turning. Not particularly safe but loads of fun.
>>
>on a first date driving on the highway
>a sleeper civic with a H22A4 wants to race
>keeps reving on me, etc Im in a prelude
>I mouth silently "cant bro..."
>Civic keeps reving speeding up slowing down
> I try to mouth these words silently:
> "I cant bro"
> I spaz out and yell out the window
> "I cant bro, too much weight.." and point to my passenger.
... girl was in shock.
( for the record,she was not fat.)
date didn't end well.
>>
>>17570779
Seriously, anyone who's not a 16 year old sperg should be able to find resources for just about any task on your car, especially straightforward replacement jobs.

Pretty much any car thats not either brand new or extremely limited production has enough resources out there to do any job, if you can't find it your just not looking hard enough.
>>
>>17571196
Why do Miatafags even run rear tires? Just throw the back struts on bars of soap and replace ever 200 miles once they wear down.
>>
>>17571219
nice
>>
>>17569299
>What's the least responsible thing you've ever done with a car?
Selling it and getting a 500 Abarth. I've been told I'm a reasonable person and wanted to prove everyone wrong desu
>>
>>17569299
What's the least responsible thing you've ever done with a car?
>Friendo gives me 2 busted cars
>88 16V scirocco and an 8v
>assemble master blaster
>has fuel pump problems
>realize only right front caliper works idgaf
>joy riding on interstate take off ramp
>slavs in 89 prelude do top gun fly by
>slows down and keeps redline while me and bro laugh at goofy slavs
>at stop light slavs keeps foot on gas
>fuck it while forgetting only right front caliper is only means to stop
>barely beating slavs in qualude when next red light comes up
>brake late car starts rotating into slavs lane
>think fast like colin mcrae and pull ebrake
>ebrake lever has no resistance
>oh shit
>glorious scirocco stops straight cause maniac
>slavs keep wanting to race but scirocco is to OP until fuel pump gives up

that scirocco was the biggest piece of shit death trap. 3 of the calipers were seized. CIS-E fuel injention is shit. 4 fuel pumps before realized there was a transfer pump. Eventually got it running right and looking good until my brother blew it up.
>>
>>17569299
What's wrong with Firestones? The new Indy 500's have the most grip in both wet/dry in the UHP class (better than BFG sport comp 2), I love mine.
>>
>>17570057
this is embarrassing
>>
>>17573608
They're great until they catch on fire or explode. Or just go flat.
>>
>>17573384
If you let slavs buzz your tower in a prelude you deserve to drive that shit box for eternity. That cars waiting for you in hell.
>>
>>17569373
Such is life behind the former Iron Curtain.
>>
>>17569483
They are definitely impressive. They embarrassed the fuck out of my shittalking flat mate when a 300wkw one shit all over his r33.

They are let down by the fact they can't turn
>>
File: 1367119576824.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1367119576824.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>driving my friend to the airport in my mom's prius
>low gas warning icon is on right when I start the car
>we both laugh because it's a prius
>the car dies right as I roll up to drop him off
>I play it off and tell my friend I hit the electrical mode on accident
>wave goodbye to him
>proceed to call my father and tell him to bring me some gas
>a few minutes pass and a employee approaches the car
>she tells me I need to move and cannot idle
>tell her my prius is out of gas
>she has a hearty chuckle but tells me to move
>mfw I tell her I'm serious
>>
>>17575621
Can't turns an understatement, but I will love mine more than anything.

Just have to be selective about which road you embarrass people on.
>>
File: IMG_1452.jpg (578KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1452.jpg
578KB, 1536x2048px
Took my z out for a drive earlier
>no wof
>no rego
>no number plates

Just repaired a whole lot of boost leaks so tested it out by boosting at 100km/h in a 50 zone to countdown and grabbed some beers
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.