[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else only owns a bike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
Its actually a weird story because i had one which i gave to my brother.because i litarly drove it twice and ditched it because i hated driving so much and have never been into cars
Decide i am going to get a bike solely because i hated the experiance of driving so much
Get one learn how to use it in 1 day of riding on the neighborhood loved it never wanna touch a car again.
I have manged to lived with it just fine i carry what i buy on a backpack.
Only cons are i cant buy huge things and deliver them home
And i have to walk around in boots.
But other than that i am fun i have a class m1 license and that only never got a class c told them i dont want one.
Before i got a bike i used to catch lifts to work and my coworkers asked why they never seen pilot a car but only a bike.the answer is i cant drive a car nor want to the onky two times in my life i did it i hated it and wanted to get off immediately
So what has been your experience as using a bike as your only or primary mode of transportation
>>
>>17567886
Riding is my entire life, but I also have a car for rain; snow; friends. Buy a car.
>>
>>17567886
>Who else only owns a bike
Me. It is shit. I need a car. Inner city traffic sucks and riding is just shit in winter.
>>
File: 2016-09-05 15.46.05.jpg (3MB, 2571x3428px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-05 15.46.05.jpg
3MB, 2571x3428px
>>17568676
>Inner city traffic
What is filtering?
I ride 19 miles to and from work in LA and love every minute of it.
>>
>>17568751
>What is filtering?
doesn't really work in my town since its has small european roads and shitty drivers that won't leave any gap. most scooters just overtake on the bicycle lane here.
>>
File: KIMG0609.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0609.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
>>17567886
I daily my bike. Rain sucks but other than that it isn't nearly as impractical as people imply.
>>
Got a van from work i can use for shopping.

Only own a bike.
>>
File: icon_jacket_dkr_mns_zoom.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
icon_jacket_dkr_mns_zoom.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>17568903
Speaking of, I need to start saving for this winter's gear upgrade.
All the wax has worn out of my cotton. I soaked to the skin during the last storm.
>>
>>17568751
>What is filtering?

Are you dopes in SoCal really that isolated that you just assume other states can do this shit?
>>
>>17567886
That's nice and all, but I suppose you have the convenience of living in a place where it's consistently warm and dry? Maybe I'm wrong and you just enjoy riding around when it's 35 degrees in February...
>>
>>17568903
How skittish is the bike in rain? I'd be scared it would just lowside on me while rounding a turn.
>>
>>17567886

I only have a bike, Honda VFR750F. Pretty much just live out of my back for day to day. I have a cargo net for bigger stuff and girls love it.

I'm supposed to be saving up for a car for winter, but I want a full exhaust and jet kit so damn bad. I also have little to no gear, only boots and a helmet. I don't squid around because I want to, though. I'm just poor.
>>
>>17571201

Not OP but that entirely depends on the bike + tires.

If you really wanted a "never ever gonna slide in the rain" bike, a cruiser with tires that are great in the wet would be perfect. I see a lot of people commute like that year round.

>>17571153

Most states literally do not care. Besides, you're on a bike. Once you get off your learner, you can more than likely just WOT the fuck away from most cops.
>>
File: 2018-Indian-Scout-Bobber-lead.jpg (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2018-Indian-Scout-Bobber-lead.jpg
136KB, 800x600px
No, but I'm officially in love with this
>>
>>17571229
>WOT the fuck away from most cops
And possibly get arrested for evading a police officer. No thanks. I'm not 19 anymore.

Plus, helicopters... Game over.
>>
>>17571229
>Most states literally do not care

Lol, okay. Come to Virginia/Maryland and filter in front of a cop. See what happens.
>>
File: 1498746323070.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498746323070.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>17567886
I own both a car and a bike. I prefer the bike because when I'm I a car I feel slow as fuck and big as fuck. Wouldn't want to only have a bike because riding in the rain just all around sucks.

Not raining I'll take the bike everytime.
>>
>>17567886
A friend of mine gets away with that, but has to have a slightly boring bike and get their groceries delivered.

I have to commute to work for a 6AM start year-round, come rain or shine or ice. I need a car, but the bike is the most fun thing ever.
>>
>>17571410
Is that a kid or a midget? Lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.