[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diecast general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 6

There's a videogame general so I'd figure I could make a diecast general.

/toy/ is shit and very VERY autistic in the diecast thread, I'm sure some of you like them little cars as well.
>>
I mainly collect 1/64 which is more or less HotWheels size.

Some brands:

>Hot Wheels

Great resistance to wear and beatings, lowest detail, thick paintjobs, some neat designs, still desirable

>Matchbox

More realism and better proportions, pretty much like HotWheels but much smaller with much less different product lines

>Greenlight

Chink brand that makes great things, all metal. Quality control is all over the place. Buy in person. Very fragile, the wheels tend to break easily under pressure. Tons of movie cars

>Johnny Lightning

Less detailed than Greenlight but still desirable. Great colors and some crazy models. Casting quality depends on the car. Company has gone through tons of different owners.

>M2 Machines

Castings depend on car, quality not as sharp but they have the best proportions. Plastic underside. You can easily disassemble them, which is a bonus for customs.

>Kyosho

Top tier branch but prices are a mess, they depend on the model and availability. They sometimes may not roll. Quality of casting depends largely on the model

>Tomica

Shit tier jap brand with shitty wheels, mode oriented for kids

>Tomica Limited

The absolute best when it comes to detail, mostly vintage japanese cars

>Siku

Shit tier, but somehow popular

>Majorette

Medium tier, on par with basic HotWheels. They proportions are usually shit

>Autoworld
Top tier proportions and scale, wheels are a bit sketchy. Full metal. Overall one of the best, but they make mostly older american cars.

>Maisto

Dogshit tier, they dont even have interiors

>Welly

Less known chinkshit brand that is dirt cheap and actually top tier. Rubber tiers and great proportions for the price of dirt
>>
File: CCTrucksMai0001n.jpg (41KB, 570x219px) Image search: [Google]
CCTrucksMai0001n.jpg
41KB, 570x219px
HotWheels is probably the most extended, and although their basic models are dogshit, their premium models can be great.

For example some racecars they have. Realistic concepts of things that dont exist.

Like what if you riced up a Chevelle to modern spec racing, with fenders, canards, lowered suspension, widened axles, front spoiler etc...

The HotWheels Racing and HotWheels Vintage Racing are 10/10
>>
Fagnus Fuckner also licensed some HotWheels recently
>>
>>17564435
Anyone know where to get a Diecast of a FiST?
>>
>>
File: corvette_c4.jpg (385KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
corvette_c4.jpg
385KB, 1600x1042px
>>17564476
AutoArt is my main along with GMP.

I mainly collect 1/18 models but have been looking for at least one 1/12 scale in Autoart or Kyosho but prices range from $400-$600.

1/18 in autoart ranges from $150-$250. i used to buy at least one or two every month but my budget has become tight and i can rarely buy any. Autoart has also switched from Diecast to Composite which is a shame and drop in quality.

Still looking for a C4 Corvette and C6 Z06. already have a dozen GTRs, a 964 Porsche and a couple randoms. the quality of the models from AutoArt used to be so fucking good for what you payed for them. the detail on the lights were unreal.
>>
>>17564607

Hot Wheels is not the best at that scale but I've seen decent looking models for affordable prices.

If you want THE car I suggest of course spending more, and just save if you dont have.

However what I do is I collect multiples of THE car, so I have a beater and an exposition model

Look into HotWheels
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.