[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: list of cars that arent made in their country of origin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: commy.jpg (118KB, 800x383px) Image search: [Google]
commy.jpg
118KB, 800x383px
ITT: list of cars that arent made in their country of origin anymore

this doesnt count for cars that are made in multiple countries like how a Toyota Corolla is made in a fuckton of countries but still make some in Japan since the origin is Japanese

First Off: Holden Commondore and Holden Monaro. French cunts make it now instead of Australia where the Monaro is now dead
>>
>>17561538
>French cunts make it now
Wait wut, for who? Vauxhall?
>>
>>17561538
The factory doesn't close for another few months. For now we still have the last few genuine Commodores to make.

I don't know why they bother keeping the name going when it will be a FWD piece of garbage eurotrash. They should have the decency to just lay it to rest like Ford did with the Falcon.
>>
>>17561552
Vauxhall is the british brand. its pretty much the same company
>>17561594
wait seriously?? theres still some made in australia?
>>
>>17561552
GM owns Holden, which the holden factories just couldnt afford it anymore due to the lack of government intervention to keep the car manufactoring industry in australia alive. Ford shut its doors, Toyota just recently closed down its Altona company and Holden according to >>17561594 is up next
>>
>>17561661
Until September/ October I believe.
>>
File: opel-omega-b-13.jpg (398KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
opel-omega-b-13.jpg
398KB, 1280x960px
>>17561538
Actually the original country of origin for the "VN-VT" Opel Omega B is Russenhiem Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Omega

We did however extensively modify ours but yeah i miss them, they handle quite well for a large estate/exec car and i like the way they look
>>
>>17562133
in a way every car is its own form from something else really like how every video game is (or is the same nowadays)

like the GT86 was a homage to the AE86 and the 2000GT or how Duke Nukem was a homage of sorts to DOOM
>>
File: bolice.jpg (784KB, 1523x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bolice.jpg
784KB, 1523x1100px
>>17562187
Shame nobody else got the XR6 Turbo

It was a good car, if you got the big brakes, manual and lsd

basically the cop car or fpv spec
>>
>>17561680
>which the holden factories just couldnt afford it anymore due to the lack of government intervention to keep the car manufactoring industry in australia alive.
If your automotive industry can't stay alive without government meddling it deserves to die off. Nothing of value was ever saved by coddling the market like a newborn baby. Us Americans could use that kind of thinking.
>>
>>17562227
>If your automotive industry can't stay alive without government meddling it deserves to die off. Nothing of value was ever saved by coddling the market like a newborn baby. Us Americans could use that kind of thinking.
Which is exactly why we let it die unlike what's happened in america.
>>
>>17562227
The problem is our high wages, we cannot compete with Asia.

The most popular cars are small econoboxes and SUV's. people just arent loyal to the family sedan anymore. which is sad.

I wish that bloke had bought the holden factory so they could keep making utes, HSV's and Chev SS's for export
>>
pretty dumb that Australia let cars made in thailand with hardly any tax while they tax australian cars harshly. Its not free trade, its dumb trade
>>
>>17563819
we need a trump.

Australia is an island, its meant to have protectionism
>>
>>17563819
Lmao that's protectionism for a FOREIGN industry. How fucking stupid does it get? I mean protectionism is pretty stupid but to use it against yourself is absolutely retarded.

>>17563859
Protectionism never works, it's a mercantilist meme.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.